Hmmmmm . . .

My brain is fried. Absolutely fried. Like it's been twisted and turned and every last word has been rung from it. I've got nothing right now. Just me. And my brainless self.

So, I thought I'd show you what I've been doing lately.

Boring, huh?

Sorry.

It's all I've got.

I mentioned my last post (or maybe the post before the last post) that I took over our basement (aka: PG's man cave.) I feel bad about that. I do. But I need a space right now, and this is the only option. I am secretly thrilled to have a place I call my own - a place where I can surround myself in the things I love, and the things that inspire me. And that is just what I am turning this space into.

I bought an AWESOME table at a local resale shop for . . . get this . . . $67 dollars! Seriously!!! $67 dollars. It is HUGE (came with two table leaves) and is the PERFECT workspace for the business. So, this is where I am spending much of my days lately:
 Isn't that the coolest table you've ever seen? Check out those leg! I imagine painting it red or black some day (or maybe red with black distressing) . . . but right now, I have it just as it was. And it is an AWESOME station for me, and the girls, to work on. I LOVE IT!

Here is my wall of inspiration . . . with two of my Kelly Rae Roberts prints, and my presentation board at the TCC Pitch Slams. I love what I wrote on my little character board . . .

"Listen, some people spend their whole life dreaming.
Today, I am making my dreams come true."

My magnets came in. I have ordered about 75 more that will be a slightly different style, but I am really happy with how these came out. They will be available on Etsy . . . as soon as I get it going.
 How is my Etsy Shop, you ask? Well, I'm waiting to copyright my character before I start selling my stuff. She is mine . . . my own design, thoughts, words, all of it. And I want to protect her at all cost. So, as soon as she is protected . . . I'll be OPEN FOR BUSINESS! And my friends, I have lots to sell!
I mean . . . LOTS and LOTS to sell!

Sometimes I feel like I have so much to do. Then I remind myself that I lost my job 12 weeks ago, and really have only been doing this for about 8 weeks. So, for 8 weeks, I'm kind of proud of myself. But, there still is lots to do.

When I get overwhelmed, I find myself reaching for this book lately. Have you seen it around? Or do you own it? It's quite lovely . . . and it inspires me more than anything. The title, alone, brings a calmness to my soul . . . Art Saves.
 I feel that way, you know? I have thrown myself into my art since the big lay-off. I feel a bit of a failure on the professional front since loosing my job, and have found myself questioning what my real purpose is in this life of mine way too many times. But the art . . . it is saving me. It is giving me a purpose. A direction. A dream. A goal. And I need it right now.

Bad.

So, that is an update on me. I'm sorry the creative writing juices have dried a little. I mentioned once before that I am multi-creatively challenged . . . that I really can only handle one creative concept at a time. Right now, I am nurturing my art. But my writing suffers. Hmmmm . . . imagine a world when I can do all and be all.

Hmmmmm . . .

until then. Peace, love and hugs to all of you. How are you?

Comments

  1. I love the new space! And wow, I've been doing this a year and am not anywhere close to doing what you're doing, so be VERY proud of yourself!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKayyyy!!!!! The space looks amazing!!!! I am so proud of you!!! YOU ARE DOING IT!!!! LT

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. Like seriously.. OMG. This is FOR REAL. I mean, I knew it was for real - but this is FOR REAL. You are an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoooohhhhhh!!!! This is nice! No, way more than nice!! I'm in awe! BFF, you're making it happen. GOOSEBUMPS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you my friend! Really proud! You are really doing something amazing. You are making your dreams come true! You are so talented and creative and I can't wait to see your Etsy when you have it ready! Everything you have done is awesome! Have a wonderful week my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  6. First...I just bought that very book and went on Jen's site and emailed her and said WOW this book is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Okay...your space is waaaaay cool and that table is divine and your work?

    LOVE IT and LOVE what you are doing and you are truly the BRAVEST of all my friends...truly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Les

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's ok - do the most important stuff. We can wait.

    And yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Leanne, it looks fantastic...the real deal! I am so very excited for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the space. I love the creativity that just flows through you. I don't feel your writing has dried up at all, I enjoyed this post as much as the others. I'm looking forward to seeing your store on Etsy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're awesome. Really. And I love your space, the majority of my serious space is in my basement too. The pretty stuff is upstairs, right in the thick of it and I love that as it inspires me daily BUT the knitty gritty (so to speak) is in the basement and ain't nobody ventures down there to bug me! Hang in, I hope you're gettin' ready for the GREAT stuff to come!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!