I'm back!

From lovely Milwaukee, Wisconsin!

Yes, my dears . . . I have returned from the land of cheddar and can't wait to tell about it. Boy-oh-boy, did we have some fun. And boy-oh-boy, am I glad to be back! You know, taking a few days away is always so awesome for the spirit. It's great to see new things and have new experiences. It's also great to realize, after all is said and done, that there really is . . . no place like home.

Yes . . . I had a wonderful time. But yes, I'm glad to be back home.

I spent the past few days away having lots of poolside fun, reading, and enjoying plenty of rest . . . while our beloved Phil Guy worked the hours away. While I was gone, a thousand and one blog post ideas came to mind . . . so be on the lookout for some great stories in the coming days (and weeks!) I actually decided to make some visual changes to the ol'blog (yes, again) . . . but it's something I am just feeling right now. Believe me, the stories and heart of this blog will be here as it always has been.

But I've been thinking . . . and I think it's time for Annalee to return. (I've missed her so, haven't you?) For those of you who may be new to my blog, Annalee is my alter-ego cartoon friend over on the right. She looks and sounds a little like . . . me. (Leanne . . . Annalee . . . get it? hee hee) Annalee has been a part of my blog for as long as I can remember, and she is a big part of my creative life. For a number of months this year, she needed a little rest. But . . . beginning today, I'll be bringing you an inspiring Annalee quote each week on the blog! Yes, I am setting the bar very high here, but I've missed my Annalee friend, and think it's the perfect time to welcome her back! Today, an oldie but goodie for you. Some of them will be ones you've seen before. But I'm encouraged to get myself back into illustrator and create some great new inspiring thoughts for you, and I can't wait!

Before I go today, here are just a few photos from the past week. Stories will follow soon, so consider this just a little tease of what I did this week . . .

Watched an artist work.

Searched and found a number of Frank Lloyd Wright homes.

Traveled an additional 90 miles to Madison, Wisconsin . . . all because of this store
(and YES, it was worth EVERY SECOND of the ride!)

Had lots of Lego Fun in the hotel.


And pretended to be the journalists . . .

Yes, what a great way to spend the day!

All for now. I look forward to sitting with a hot cup of coffee and catching up on all of your lives. Until then, thanks for stopping by. Make sure you come back soon . . . I've got lots to stories to tell!

Wishing you peace!

Comments

  1. You are in Frank Loyd Wright country . How many houses did you sight and photograph When I go away I always bring a drawing boog and my camera . It sounded like you got alot of new ideas and inspirations on you trip .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love Annalee and, as you know, I've missed my other friend here. Smiling broadly as I contemplate her return, and all that means ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice trip! Changes??? OOOH... I am sooo excited. We do need to change things up from time to time.

    Sounds like you are getting the old Leanne back? Is that what I am feeling? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound fresh and full of ideas!! Vacations are wonderful. I can't wait to hear about that store. Love your new look and your Annelee quote of the day!!!
    and you have over 200 followers now!!

    Love ya friend.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you all had a great time!!!:O) cannot wait to hear about all the adventures:O) , cute picture of them playing journalist:O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I have to ask. Was the store you went to in Madison called Anthology? I'm asking because my brother was in Madison over Memorial Day weekend and he purchased and sent me some really cool jewlery and trinkets from that store that I absolutely loved. If I ever make it to Madison, I'm going to check Anthology out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun! And I like your Annalee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm Linda and I just stumbled onto your blog this morning. I haven't read your bio yet so do not know where you are from but when I read that you visited Milwaukee and searched for Frank Lloyd Wright houses I had to post a comment. I am not from Milwaukee but from Two Rivers and we have one such home just a couple of blocks from where I live. I toured it a couple of years ago and am so glad that I did. I am going to check out more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!