Back to Life

         

My girls start school tomorrow. Katie will begin 5th grade and Ella is starting 1st. 

And I am . . . ecstatic. 

I'm so ecstatic, that I almost feel guilty about it. 

I love my girls dearly . . . and if you have followed my blog for any amount of time, you know how very much that statement is true. 

But my friends . . . I cannot wait for them to begin school this year. 

We have had an incredibly wonderful summer full of adventures and laughter and fun. We've traveled from almost one side of our wonderful country to the other. We've volunteered and spread good cheer. We swam, we danced, we slept over, we picked cherries and blueberries, we walked, we gardened, we laughed, we fed, we ate, we celebrated, and we played just about as hard as anyone could. And now, this momma is desperate to get a little normalcy back to her days. 

With the small exception of the art classes I taught - I've hardly painted the whole summer long. And for a woman who has discovered her very sanity in hands of a paintbrush and canvas, this is a big problem. I long to have a quiet house, the type of quiet that can only be accomplished by the absence of a lively 10 and 6 year old for longer than 45 minutes. I long to walk leisurely through the aisle of a Target store and not have someone begging . . . continuously . . . for one more Barbie doll (to add to their already enormous collection), or not having the words, "please stay with me" or "watch where you are going" come from my lips. I long to pour myself a cup of coffee, actually drink it when it is hot and not be interrupted for the umpteenth time by one of my beloved girls. I long to sit at my computer and be able to write for long periods of time, perhaps actually finishing a thought before being told a long winded story about a One Direction or the Disney Teen Beach Movie. I long to write blog posts more frequently . . . Oh, now there's a thought! ;) 

But please, don't get me wrong. 

I love my girls. 

I love how they look at me when I am feeling my worse and tell me that they think I am pretty. I love how I can overhear them tickling each other and making each other laugh so hard that it causes me to giggle at their joy. And I love how no matter what they are doing, when I go to give them a hug - they stop immediately and squeeze me hard in return. No matter what. 

They truly are the very best things I have ever done in my life. 

But tomorrow, we are back to life. 

And while I can't wait for some "momma time", what I really am most looking forward to . . . Is seeing where our next adventures - both theirs and mine - take us. 

Wishing you Peace, my friends. 

And a few quiet moments of your own. 

Xo


Comments

  1. ALL mommas need some time in order to recharge. I'm so glad you're getting yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mention of the long-winded stories...you didn't say it on here, but I am thinking you're kind of glad I head out for work everyday too! Hope you are enjoying a little sane quiet time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need the quiet moments.... just to recharge those batteries so you can be Fabulous Mom the rest of the time :-)
    Enjoy them Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet post, Leanne. I can relate to every single word! Though I work full time outside the home and haven't had the pleasure of being home with my girls all summer, I was definitely ready for my girls to go back to school too. Just the routine it brings puts a little normalcy back into our crazy lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I was reading this.. I just kept smiling. I could feel you gearing up to just BE. I need to take a few moments and learn to appreciate my time to BE.... and yes, we know you LOVE your girls!:-) They are just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!