Oh, How I've Missed You - dear ol'Blog


Oh, my.   

( l   o   n    g          p  a  u  s  e )

Blogger.

Blogspot.

From Chaos Comes Happiness.

Just saying those words brings up a lump in the back of my throat. From Chaos . . . . Come Happiness. 

Wow.

As I pulled out of my driveway this morning, I noticed how absolutely gorgeous the tree in our parkway looked. I paused for a minute and watched as a cool wind caused leaves to drop one after another, and thought to myself, "that tree isn't going to look the same when I come home 6 hours from now. Years ago, I would stop and take a photo of this tree . . . and I would share it on my blog . . . I should do that today." 

So, I did. I stopped the car right there on the street in front of our home, put it in park, and hopped out to take a photo of our tree. And I took another. And another.


Then I called Phil, who was inside working at the kitchen table, and asked him to come and stand under our tree with me. I took a photo of our feet.


I stood there for a few more minutes and took in the beauty of the vivid colors and as more and more leaves dropped on my face, felt the cool breeze of Fall meet my face, and smiled.

Lord, I am so glad I took those few minutes today.

I haven't done that in a   l o n g   time.

Almost as long as the last time I blogged.

March 10, 2016 was my last post on this dear ol'blog. It recounted a recent trip to Puerto Rico that my family and I took in March of that year. The post was called "Thankful & Grateful Moments." I still remember that trip like it was yesterday. And I remember writing that post. March 10, 2016.

Today is November 8, 2017 - a whole 608 days later. 1 year, 7 months, and 29 days.

I had to take a little break from here. I had to take some time to stop. I had to let go of somethings and say hello to others. I started a new different little blog that I stopped just as fast as I started (just wasn't feeling it). And, oh, I opened a business with my sister. (Yeah, that is kinda huge.) It is awesome. It is a dream come true. And I will write more about in the days and months ahead.

But for today, I wanted to stop by and record this moment.

And to say, hello.

Hello.

I miss writing, and taking these mental snapshots of life. I feel like I don't even know what I did in the past 608 days. (I'm sure I did something.)

If you are here - if you are reading this - if you received an email saying there was a post here and you decided to see if there really was . . . I thank you. I am here.

Life is still full of "Thankful & Grateful Moments." I still find myself surrounded by lots of Chaos - and there is that Happiness thing that I try to never loose sight of. I hope to come back soon and write again. I miss working through life in my words. I have so much to work through (Lord, don't we all?) And I miss my blog friends (I hope there are still a few out there). If you are stopping by - leave me a comment and let me know. Tell me how YOU are. (What have YOU been doing in the past 608 days?)

Thanks for spending some time with me today. I have missed you so.

Peace, dear friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!