Oh, Starbucks! I'm really very sorry!

I don't completely mean to stay on the "Coffee" subject (especially since yesterdays post on coffee cups), but this is something I just have to share with you. It's just another one of those truly unique "Leanne" moments. Before I begin . . . . A DISCLOSURE: I DO NOT SUPPORT OR CONDONE MY BEHAVIOR IN ANY WAY. MOST IMPORTANTLY - NO ONE WAS INJURED AND NO DAMAGE WAS DONE TO MYSELF, ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL, MY AUTOMOBILE, ANY OTHER INDIVIDUALS AUTOMOBILE, OR THE STARBUCKS BUILDING ITSELF.

So, Thursday morning, I kind of . . . . tapped . . . . a Starbucks.

I like to think of it as a "LOVE TAP". Because, you know, I LOVE my Starbucks.

But, yes. Tapped. Let me explain what actually happened. I was going through the drive-thru on my way to work, and sort of got distracted as I pulled up to the window. Do you know how cars have those "things" sticking out on the side? You know . . . those, um . . . side mirrors? Yes, those things. Well, mine just kind of "kissed" the ledge of my Starbucks drive-up.


You see. . . the funniest thing caught my eye. That is, it was funny to ME. And then, funny to the Starbucks Barista.

Ok. Let me explain. Better yet. Let me show you a picture. This is the view from the Starbucks drive-thru. (Yes, I actually went back and took a picture to show you.)



I was turning around the bend at the drive-thru, looked up and saw this person standing across the street, in front of a Monument Store. They looked as if they were all dressed in white with white make-up covering every part of their body, standing right there on Route 30. I couldn't believe it. I was staring at this person and was just so amused that here, in little New Lenox, Illinois, there was a person standing outside of a Monument place, all dressed up like a greek goddess. Just posing like a statue. I thought, "Wow . . . business must be REALLY slow for them to do that." Then I thought, "Wow . . . that poor person must be out of work and REALLY needs some cash." Then I thought, "Hmmmm. . . I wonder if they have any openings?" Then I thought, "No, Leanne, you would make a terrible statue. You'd never be able to stay THAT still. Look at that person. . . .they are holding there arm up so still . . . I'm completely impressed with that. . . wow . . ." Then I thought, "I can't believe they are out here - they must be freezing. It's November all ready. How many of those things do they think they are going to sell in November. But look at them . . .they are so still. . . .they look like . . . . . "

BOOMMMMMM!

Holy Cow. . . that was ME. Uh, oh!

My driver side mirror ever so gently "tapped" the ledge of the drive-thru, where the Barista hands you your coffee. "Oh No! I HIT A STARBUCKS!!!" I thought. I recovered quickly and turned my wheel to the right and managed to save my car (and the ledge) from any damage. But the Barista was right there and witnessed the whole scene. "Are you ok?" she asked me. "Yes, oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. I was distracted watching that person over there." I told her. "Where?" she asked. "Oh, over by the monument place. Over there," I said, pointing across the street to where the person was standing. I could tell immediately that this Barista thought I was nuts. I glanced back and forth . . . between the barista and the person across the street . . . barista . . . person . . . barista . . . STATUE. Oh, man. . . I thought that was a PERSON. A real live PERSON. . .

"Wait . . . that's NOT a person, is it?" I asked the Barista. "No, Ma'am. . . it's . . . a statue," she replied.

Silence. A closer look . . .


Then . . . uncontrollable laughter. . . from me . . . then the Barista. "Well," I said, "you can tell I haven't had my coffee yet. Better start drinking this fast, before I mistake the lightpost for something!" And off I drove.

So, Starbucks, I really am so very very sorry for tapping you on Thursday! I promise (with fingers crossed) it will NEVER happen again!

Comments

  1. Yeah...okay...and I POSED for that statue!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peg - that looks just like you!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I just told Leanne this morning that I thought the older she gets, the more ditz-like she gets. I think she was offended!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey - that's why I always tell you it's important to get your rest! Stop staying up so late watching TV!
    Love You,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm worried. I'm getting really worried. Next thing you know, you'll be licking the walls because Phil tells you the wallpaper's edible. No, what, that's Willie Wonka.....what was I saying?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright all of you!!!! I looked up "ditsy" and the definition of ditsy is: eccentrically silly, giddy or inane. . . while I agree with the eccentrically silly and giddy part, I feel I am quite the opposite of "inane (empty, insubtantial)". . . so, fine. Call me ditsy. You have to admit - I do make you laugh from time to time. Maybe that's my purpose. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!