Happy LOVEfest Day!

Well, it's that time to shower love on those who mean the most to you! And I've done alot of that this weekend. It's funny . . . in addition to the usual Valentine this weekend (PG!!), I've been feeling LOVE for some other really wonderful things in our home. Including. . .
Our BRAND NEW washer and dryer. They were a necessity and a long time coming! PG and my Valentine gifts to each other! How romantic!!!! But in all seriousness . . . I stood in the laundry room Saturday night in TEARS (I must be hormonal this weekend.) But I stood there looking at these two BEAUTIFUL pieces of equipment and felt so blessed that I was able to buy them. And that they will actually work without sitting on them and without sounding like a dying cow (ok, that might be bad taste - but you seriously should have heard the old washing machine on Friday. It was scary!) Anyway . . . I am feeling the LOVE for these two!

In addition to the washer and dryer, I am feeling the LOVE this weekend for Ella's teddy bear, Teddy.
Poor Teddy, who unfortunately played a game of tug-of-war between Katie and Ella, and LOST! =( Lucky for us, Grandma Lill was quick to repair him, and he has been returned with two arms intact. But prior to that. . . it was all LOVE for Teddy.

Oooooo . . . then there was the absolutely DELICIOUS and DELECTABLE heart brownie cake that Grandma Lill made for us! (Having Grandma Lill down the block certainly has it's perks!!!) Yumm-O!Of course, Ella was feeling the LOVE for this cake before any of us had a chance. She couldn't keep her fingers off of it. . . but could I blame her? And finally . . . I have been feeling the LOVE for this particular picture of The Wizard of Oz that Katie drew for Ella for her birthday (a few weeks ago.) Remember how much Ella LOVES the WOO (click here to be reminded)? Katie had to make sure she drew a wonderful WOO picture for Ella for her birthday and it has been on displayed in our Art Gallery since January 29th . . .

and I haven't been able to take it down since then. This weekend I spent some time really looking at it. I love that she made sure Dorothy was wearing the ruby slippers, and I love the yellow brick road and corn fields. SO sweet.

So, that's some of the LOVE that I felt this weekend. I hope that you had some wonderful moments of LOVE, too. Let me know if you did anything special. I'd love to hear it!

Comments

  1. YEA!!! A new LOVEly washer and dryer!!! You're in a good spot, my friend. The words are flowing and the gratitude is abundant!!!!

    As for me, I got to spend some time with my grandson on Saturday (a spur of the moment babysitting gig) and I felt on top of the world when, as I approached the door, I heard screaming in the house like we used to scream when we'd watch the Beatles (yes, I know I'm dating myself). Why was this little boy screaming??? Cuz GRANDMA was here!!! I felt like a ROCK STAR! What a great feeling!! Yesterday, spent some time with the older grandson, and today, I'll spend some time with daughter, grandson #2, and a photographer, doing a little photo shoot. I'm really looking forward to it!! Yes, it's been a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your list. That washer and dryer is FABULOUS!!!! And that cake. Looks so yummy:) Leanne, your posts are my favorite reads of the day!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!