Spreading my Wings

I have been writing a great deal outside of this blog lately. Writing words and sentences that come to my mind about this life of mine. Little inspirational thoughts that appear in the midst of my happy chaos. It has been a good exercise for me - to put words together in a way that touches my soul.

The other day, when Ella asked if we could paint, I decided it was time to try and do something with some of the words that I have written. Thus, the following piece of art was born . . .


I have never tried a collage like this before. It was truly the coolest creative moment. Free.

It's a little busy. A little chaotic.

Part of me really likes it. The other part of me passionately dislikes it.

My brain is struggling with the artist inside who desperately wants to find a way to come out.

But the words . . . they are true.

I may have to explore this avenue a few more times, and I'll certainly share with you, I am sure.

I like this journey I am on right now. How about you?

Comments

  1. This is very cool - I'm glad you are willing to try new things and share your journey with us....if you didn't, we'd never know the wonders of your tissue box covers and napkin holders! Seriously - this is beautiful and so are the words....and so is the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. You should write hallmark cards. Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY!!! I'm liking it! And love the sentiment!! I am curious on the horizontal thing-a-ma-bob on the bottom. What is that? Or how'd you do it? Gesso?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!