Crafty Schmafty Fridays 3

Are you kidding me? Is it FRIDAY already?  My friends . . . my deepest apology for the late posting of this weeks "Crafty Schmafty Friday".  The past 7 days have been crazy busy (as we took a few days and went to the Wisconsin Dells), crafty (as I prepared for Kate's classroom Valentines Party) and fun (as I celebrated a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner with Phil, Katie and Ella.)

And at the end of all of it . . . when I finally stopped running . . . a COLD caught up with me.

Luckily Phil was off work today, so I spent most of the day relaxing and getting some much needed rest. I still feel a little under the weather, and was just about to head up to bed for the night when I remembered . . . . CRAFTY SCHMAFTY FRIDAY!!! Well, this is only my THIRD WEEK! I can't skip already!!! NO WAY, NO HOW!!!!

So, let's begin, shall we?

This weeks Crafy Schmafty Friday post was born out of a Facebook discussion with some of my artsy sisters from the "Hello Soul, Hello Business" class I took last year. One of our fearless friends had asked the Facebook group what type of appointment calendars or organizing systems they most liked, and I commented that I always struggled with the calendars out there in the word - as they never seemed to fill my needs.

So, one of our lovely friends in the group said something about us creating our own (and selling it to them) . . . and I thought . . . WHY NOT? Why not make up my own 2013 Appointment book? I mean, I don't plan on selling them . . . but what a lovely idea to share with our "Crafty Schmafty Fridays" group?

So, here we go . . .

 
It started with just some basic items . . . a K&Company Smash* book (LOVE these books!), and some of their tabs. Then I went to the computer (to Excel, to be exact), and laid out each month for the book. 


Once printed and cut down to size, I mapped out each months placement in the album. The K&Company albums are SO artsy, with a wide variety of styles and designs available. The one I selected really fits my style. LOVE it so.


I adhered each month into the album, and then left a few blank pages of after and between each months calendar. Those pages will be for any notes, journaling, reminders, ideas or things that come up during the month that I need to be reminded of.



I already started doodling on the outside cover . . . a process that I am sure will be continued many times throughout the year!


Finally, I added tabs with the month name.


And one more look at it . . . .


It is already filling in nicely, and I absolutely LOVE the blank pages in between the months, for extra notes.

One of my biggest complaints of the small little pocket calendars, is that I can rarely fit everything into to the little squares that I need to do that day. With this concept (and the pages in between the months), if I have more things to remember for a particular day, I simply put a "*" on the square in the month, and then refer to the very next blank page following that month - where I can put a more detailed note about what I need to to that day.

It's really working out quite well, and I think it's a great way to organize and help me in this life of mine.

I shared it with a few of my friends last week . . . and they all agree that they would LOVE to have something like this to use. Perhaps I'll have to add this to our Park District class schedule in the fall, and make one for 2014. If you are a local friend of mine, I'll keep you posted!

So, my friends . . . here's you have it!

Remember to grab a button for the "Crafty Schmafty Friday" posts . . . and check back next week for more great ideas. I already have next weeks post planned . . . and it is A*W*E*SOME!!!

And feel free to link up below with your own crafty shmafty post!!!! Join the party, and tell your friends to stop by too!

Wishing you peace, my friends!




Comments

  1. Leanne, I LOVE this! Hey everyone...I got to see this in person last week...it's one of the most fun calendars you will ever use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...this is too fun!! I have that same Smash book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creativety is inspiring! I love to see all of the wonderful things you come up with and share with your readers. This is a great idea. You are right about not being able to find just the right thing. Why not create it yourself. This looks fantastic my friend! I hope you are doing well! I am still recouperating from all that blizzard shoveling I did for days. I love the seasons, but I am so ready for spring now. Have a great week my friend! Keep inspiring your bloggy friends. :) You have such an incredible talent!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!