Wide Awake



It's 3:30AM, and I am wide awake.

The hubby is half way through a long business trip. The wind outside is heavy - with the vibration of the siding along the bedroom wall being so strong right now, I become more and more awake with each rattle.

Ella lays next to me, deep asleep. I know it is not a good idea to let her continue to lay with me at night when daddy is out of town, but I have to admit - the company warms my heart. Although, tonight I envy her sleep.

I have been doing better with my sleep in recent weeks . . . my dear friend Peggy gave me an essential oil diffuser at Christmas, with a wonderful sampling of some lovely oils that have helped me find peace each night. I created a little "intention corner" in our bedroom (ok - it's really my night stand with a few little nic-nacs, but i think 'intention corner' sounds fancier, don't you?) I do find myself taking a few minutes each night to enjoy the space - reflect - relax - breath - all those things. It is becoming quite a special place for me.

But tonight, it isn't working.

Work was bothersome today. Well, yesterday really - since it is now 3:30AM. Did I mention it was 3:30am? ;)

I have this need to try and fix things and make everything better for people - and sometimes my "Mary Poppins" desires are not met with as much enthusiasm as I'd like. In all I've grown the past few years - realizing that I cannot be a "people-pleaser" and giving up the control to try and make everyone happy - I still find myself with these moments of when I try to get others to see life through rose colored glasses. But it is not met with such agreement. And then, it takes me over.

And it bothers me.

It's crazy, really. How much I let it affect me.

So, I find myself scrolling through Pinterest this morning . . . finding those words that will help me find peace. Two quotes fly off the screen - they are quite perfect, I think . . .

 and
They're quite great, don't you think?

I am so grateful to the universe who puts things out there to help us, exactly when we need it.

So now, I try to find rest again - remember that the storm will pass, and I must just let it be what it is. Keep focused on me. And move on . . . and remember one of my all time favorite quotes, from Scarlett O'Hara. Because it is oh-so true.
 

I love that one!!

So, back to sleep I go, friends.

With pleasant thoughts of tomorrow . . . because it IS another day.

Wishing you peace, always.

xoxo

Comments

  1. Intention corner is exactly what you need to call it. It's doing what you need it to do. To remind you to think about your day, find the goodness in it, and be grateful for the beauty in your life. Glad the oils help most days. And yes, there will be days they don't work as well. That's usually when I switch them up a bit. Sleep well, darlin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! One thing that I've found to help me in those moments is to stop thinking about 'things' and focus on the sound of my breath. I take a deep slow breath and listen to how it sounds and then release it slowly, again listening... I do it a few times and before I know it, I am asleep. Try it :-) Sending hugs, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss a post from my FAVE blogger?! I love this post. I have ALWAYS been a people pleaser Leanne...well that is until Anasazi. I learned SO MUCH in that program...it really IS just about YOU. We cannot change others. We cannot fix others. All we can do is LOVE and support. And that is SO HARD. I know sweets!! I miss your writing sweet friend. It is the BEST!!! I LOVE your Kelly Rae Roberts treasures in your intention corner:) Hugs!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those quotes and love your Kelly Rae Roberts pieces. Hope you are able to sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!