Polly Want A Cracker?

Last month we took a little weekend jaunt to Wisconsin where we had lots and lots of family fun. While our adventure included a great day at the State Fair, we followed it with an equally great day at the Milwaukee County Zoo.


Did you know that you can actually FEED THE BIRDS at the Milwaukee County Zoo? Seriously! It was probably the most fun I have ever had at a Zoo. At first, I screamed like a nutball (those of you who really know me know that I am not that much of an animal person . . . I mean, please don't go all "PETA" on me . . . I do not own fur and do not intentionally run over squirrels when they cross in front of my car on the road. However, accidents do happen!!! I'm kidding!!!! . . . sort of . . . .) But, being caged in with the birds at the zoo was absolutely and completely. . . FANTASTIC!!!! I screamed when the first one landed on my stick (and got a few laughs from other folks in the cage). But I quickly got the hang of it and soon was a regular Bird Whisperer!!!! I'm telling you, those birdies LOVED me!!!

It really was a fantastic adventure! One I would strongly recommend for anyone who had a day and wanted to take a little drive up to Wisconsin. Let me know if you are going. . . I'll tell you all of my Bird Whisperer secrets!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!