Me and My Sun

                                       

I wanted the sun. I needed it, bad. So yesterday, in between carrying loads of groceries into the house, I stood on my front walkway and faced it. For a long long time. With eyes closed, I stood there letting those rays fill me up. I felt . . . healed . . . in a wierd sort of way. 

I stood in the quiet of my little neighborhood, and listened to the faint sounds of cars running in the distance, gentle wind blowing, tree limbs swaying, and I swear (even in the 7 degree temperatures) I heard birds. 

Then I would return to the groceries. 

Another load.

Then another break with me and my sun. 

I wanted to reach up, and put it in my pocket. Take it with me so I could bring it out when I need it again. 

I tried. 

And, of course . . . You can't really do that. 

So, I did the next best thing and took the above photo. 

It makes me laugh when I see it. 

I'm a real Annie Liebowitz, don't you think? ;) 

The sun. It's a pretty powerful thing, don't you think? 

Wishing you lots of it, my friends, where ever you are. 

Sun . . . and Peace. 

Xo

Comments

  1. AGREE! It is soooo non-sunny here and COLD and SNOW! Love your warm, happy grin with your sunshine:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!