I am Multi-Creatively Challenged

Hi. My name is Leanne.

And I am "Multi-Creatively Challenged."

You see, I've been having an AWESOME WEEK doing some really creative things . . . and in doing so, I discovered a pretty big revelation about myself that I wanted to share with you. You see, I can not "Multi-Create" (another one of those 'Leanne Invented' concepts.) I seem to throw myself 110% into a project (this week = scrapbooking), and then I can't create anything else (this week = No inspiring and interesting Blog posts). So, while it bums me out that I loose my writing mind, I know that you (my faithful blog reader) will stand by and wait for me to come up with something inspiring to tell you about. Won't you? Oh, I do hope so.

Since I have nothing inspiring to write about . . . I thought I'd share with you a couple of the things I've been scrapbooking. First, a really cute Winter Wonderland mini-album.I can't take credit for ANY of it (it's a BoBunny kit that you can purchase here.) I just LOVED working on it and having this precious album in the end. We had a lovely little snow storm the week of Christmas and PG took some of the most adorable photos of the girls that I used for the Winter Wonderland Album. They were perfect! And the album kit was quick and easy - and really got me inspired to CREATE some other great stuff!

The next thing that I worked on and completed (YEA!!!) is my December Daily 2009 album. I wrote about it back here. I had kept up with it until around the 12th of December, then kind of let the project get away from me. I sat down yesterday and finished all of the remaining days, and wanted to share just a few of them with you.

While I can't take credit for the idea of this album (remember when I've told you about Scrapbook Goddess Ali Edwards? It's all her idea!), I can take credit for the idea and designs of the pages themselves. I stepped totally out of my comfort zone with this project, making it with a variety of sized pages and different textures and papers. I added more emblishments than I probably would use usually, and tried to make it a really FUN MESS of holiday stuff! I have to tell you, I am really happy with how this came out! It took more time than I thought it would, but the finished project is a lovely collection of this particular month in our lives that I am so happy to have. I will definitely do it again . . . maybe in a few years.

The other thing I have been spending time on this week, is my Big Picture Scrapbooking class. It's called "The Challenge of Me" and it has encouraged me to really focus on MYSELF in the New Year (a big change, but the timing is perfect!) It has forced me to ask questions to myself like, "What does LIFE mean to me?" and "Am I healthy?", "Who are my Role Models?" and a number of other really interesting questions that I probably have never really written about before. I am only 1 week into this 4 week course. The course was $25 dollars, and I have to tell you - it is worth it. I make myself sit down and scrapbook at least 1 hour every night, and it is inspiring me in so many ways. Definitely worth it. I'll share some of those pages when I get more completed.

So, now you see what I've been up to this week. That, and work, taking care of the girls (while PG is out of town), shoveling snow (which Chicago got a HUGE amount of today), and doing laundry . . . my days are kind of packed.

I hope to get some inspiration for a couple good Blog posts within the next couple days. I never understood writers block before (because I never really wrote until this blog). Now I completely get it. Thanks for hanging in there, though. And let me know what YOU are doing these days. I'd love to know!

Comments

  1. I'm just happy to hear from you, no matter what you write about. I SO understand (and adore) your new word...I, too, am multi-creatively challenged. Now we're talking about two women here who can multi-task with the best of them. But when it comes to creativity...one at a time, please!!!

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the albums. Out of the box creativity, wonderful pages, did I mention I love 'em?? Can't wait to see 'em in person.

    Leanne, thanks so much for sharing bits of your life with us. I do hope that because of the BPS class, you are finding things deeper within Leanne that you never expected to surface. It's such a great feeling to put it on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you have been a scrappy girl! I, too have been creating and am loving it so very much. I finished my Possibilities book and my Dream Board. I need to finish my December Daily, too. Thanks for your beautiful examples!!

    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipee - I've been thinking about you this week! Totally off post topic here, but have you seen all the buzz about this Cupcake '10 blogger gathering that is happening in Wisconsin this weekend?

    http://www.cupcake10.blogspot.com/

    I'm so bummed I didn't find this sooner... anyway, next year we should both plan to go and then we could meet in person!

    That's all for your Friday afternoon randomness from me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!