My 2010 Ta Da! List

Here we go, that time of year to make my list of what I want to accomplish this year. While CREATE is my WORD for the year, I have some specific things that I want to do to either assist in that word, or completely add to it. I do this each year. I don't call them resolutions . . . . don't know why. The "resolution" word just sounds too . . . painful. Silly, huh? Maybe it was all those years of seeing Bally's Chicago Fitness Club commercials on the TV, as they painfully reminded the viewer to resolve to get themselves in shape. Do I need a commercial to remind me of the terrible shape I'm in? Nope. I can do that all on my own. I digress. So, NO resolutions. Just Goals. For the new year.

As a matter of fact, I've decided to call it TA DA's!!!! Not "To-Do's!" TA DA sounds like it is more of an announcement of GREAT magnitude! With GREAT enthusiam! When I was in high school, our Choir Director often said, "Nothing great is ever achieved without enthusiasm!" She was so right. Let's start the New Year off with a little "Ta Da!" So, without further ado. . .

My 2010 Ta Da! List
  1. Make more time for PG and I. Take more "dates" with just the two of us, and laugh more together.
  2. Ride my exercise bike at least 4 times a week. (I actually was doing pretty good with this until Christmas day, when the bike went back down in storage to make way for our dining table to be set up. The table is down, again. But the bike hasn't come back up. Time to pull it out today!)
  3. Illustrate my "Cupcake" story (will share that with you when the time is right!)
  4. Take a Big Picture Scrapbooking class (or two, or three!)
  5. Send cards and letters via US Postal mail more often this year (let's keep these people in jobs, huh? And who doesn't like a hand written letter? Or a hand made card? I LOVE them!)
  6. Remember BIRTHDAYS (everyones) and SEND CARDS this year!
  7. Attend a Womens Retreat or CREATIVE Retreat this year.
  8. Pray more, and spend more time teaching my daughters about my Faith.
  9. Learn more about photography and take better pictures.
  10. Write that book.

I thought I'd stop at 10 . . . although I could probably come up with a few more. But 10 seems to be a pretty good number. And looking over the list, I think it's do-able. I don't think I'm setting myself up for failure (don't you hate that?) I think the reality is there - and that is all a pretty big thing. To be REAL in my list. I'm not including "give up coffee" or "loose 100 pounds" because that is just too off in the future for me. But what I have here, I believe, is a list of 10 things that I really think I can do.

Yes, that looks good to me.

For today, its now time to go and work on # 2, #4 and I think maybe I can work on #1 a little . . . at least I know we can LAUGH today.

Spend some time laughing with the ones you love today, ok? It feels SO good! Oh . . . and, do you have any "Ta Da's" you'd like to share? I'd love to know. Why not blog about them? Post a comment with a link to your blog and I'll post a comment on yours!

Happy Weekend!

Comments

  1. What a wonderful idea...a TA-DA list. Automatically sends out a "mission accomplished" energy!!! As I say these days, focus on the end result, move toward it, and it'll happen. What better way than to start with "ta-da"??
    LOVE #5. That is one of my intentions as well. Same with #9. You have inspired me once again, Leanne!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list Leanne! You just make me smile everytime I come here :-) Here's to amazing (and creative!) 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ta-das! Yay! Can I do 7 with you? And what BPS class are you doing? And can you tell me 3? And 5 - you're so smart! And 6 - July 5th! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!