Ella and her . . . Alien

"Mom . . . where did my alien go?" is the line I have heard about 100 times the past few nights, as I put Ella (or attempt to put Ella) to sleep. "Mom, the alien in my bed. Mom, where'd the alien go?" she'd ask. To which I'd always reply, "Oh, honey, there's no such thing as aliens."

"MOM . . . WHERE DID YOU PUT MY ALIEN?" she'd question, again, and again. I have to tell you . . .


this alien thing was getting OLD.


I have spent the past few nights going over 100 areas of concern for my Ella, as the loss of this "alien" was REALLY bothering her. I was about to put a moratorium on the Sci-Fi channel in our house, and had proof positive why "FUTURAMA" is not an appropriate show for our 3 year old, even if her father thinks it's perfectly fine for her. I was certain that the Avatar commercials her Daddy insists on watching over and over had finally taken toll on her sweet girl mind, and was about to ban visits to Uncle Claudio's house when his Star Wars/Star Trek Christmas Tree is up. I'm telling you . . . I was getting SERIOUS on the anti-Alien path in our house.

Then . . .

tonight . . . .

as I fixed Ella's covers and set her bed up for the night. . . .

I found . . .

THE ALIEN!

SERIOUSLY!

There actually IS an ALIEN!!!


But, you'll understand why I had such a hard time finding it the other nights . . . .

. . . I just never saw it under the covers.

It turns out that Daddy got the Alien for Ella out of a vending machine, when he took the girls bowling last week. I didn't even know the Alien existed (hmmm . . . ) but I sure was wrong. You'll be happy to know that the alien has been returned to the rightful 3-year old little girl owner. And yes, you guessed it. . . all is well in our Universe, again.

Good Night!

Comments

  1. I love this cute story!!! So happy you found Ella's Alien!!:) Love the Blog look, Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to keep that little story for her when she gets older, she's not going to believe it actually happened, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!