A New Gift Giving Year!

Oh, cleaning out your art studio is so good for the soul . . . and I have been inspired with lots of creative ideas since organizing my supplies. I also have made a secret pact with myself this year, as best as I can, to ONLY shop for supplies in my own studio. I have rediscovered some AWESOME embellishments, kits, and all kinds of goodies long forgotten, and I intend to use as much of my 'stuff' as I possible can!

I also decided that I want to make as many gifts as possible this year. With all the birthdays, anniversaries, and wonderful celebrations that take place in the year . . . why not start MAKING gifts for people? I know it's easy to stop and pick up a gift card some place, but gift cards (not only) seem a little impersonal, they also cost lots of $$. We are a one income house (something I need to remember), so it's time I start putting my talents to use. Gift Giving use, that is!

So . . . no time like the present!

Some time last year, or was it the year before that, I had picked up a "Wizard of Oz" album kit at Archivers that I intended on making for my sister-in-law, who is a big Wizard of Oz fan and who has one Christmas tree dedicated to ornaments in the theme of the Wizard of Oz.  When I bought the kit, my intention was to make the album up and she could put photos of her tree in it, and have it to look through throughout the year (not only at Christmas time). But that year, time got away from me and the album was never made. I think I sat down the year after that, trying to put it together . . . but never quite getting into the project. It was a pain - the instructions were a nightmare - and I really didn't like the album that much after I took another look at it. Plus, would she really use it as I thought she would, and would she even like it?

When organizing my space this month, I came across that kit . . . and this time, decided I would do something different with it. It would still be for my sister-in-law, but not an album as intended. This time, I decided to make ORNAMENTS with the papers included. My sister-in-law's birthday is next week, and I have just finished the project. Here are a few photos of the process, and finished ornaments I'll be giving to her.


The paper is that AWESOME vintage illustration from the original story, "The Magic of Oz". The drawings are SO cool . . . I knew they would look amazing as ornaments. I simply painted some flat 3" and 4" square canvas boards, and then added the papers in some cool collage set ups.


I used some of the ribbons that came in the kit, and used a few of my own, and then added some paint dots with my favorite pearl pens (viva). With the addition of a few words that I printed off on my own, some cool metal embellishments (also included in the kit) and a layer of Mod Podge . . . I was done!


  It was a really easy project, and I know she is going to love them!


Here's to using up supplies I have in house!!!!

My goal is to create something new EACH and EVERY WEEK, and share it with you here. I can't wait to see what next week will bring!

Wishing you a WONDERFUL weekend, dear friends.

Peace!

Comments

  1. I am in love with shopping at your own house. It is a great idea and I can't wait to see what you come up with. So far, I am in love. These are the cutest ornaments, very clever of you to reuse them in another so that you didn't have to waste them. I love the cute little things you added to them too.

    Cody
    solemnsound.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!! Sooo easy and soooo darling!!

    I also LOVE your goal of creating and sharing something here each week. As much as I really, really want to do that...right now I know that's not possible...HOWEVER I could make a goal of something maybe twice a month...now that is do-able!!! Ok....I WILL do that!! You inspired me!!! Yay!!''

    You are amazing and I appreciate all you do...sharing and giving and creating!! Don't ever stop:)

    xxoxoooxxoo
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what kind of stuff you come up with. It's such a pleasure to see all that creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - I am HUGE Wizard of Oz fan. Holy moly - those are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leanne! These are WONDERFUL!!!! You are so very talented, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! SIL will love them! And here's to shopping your supplies!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!