The Dreamer


Once upon a time there was a little girl . . . who had a dream. It wasn't to be a princess. It wasn't to be rich. It wasn't even to be beautiful.

But it was a dream . . . her dream . . . none the less.

She was a raised in a house full of realists, not dreamers, and she quickly realized how hard it was to be a dreamer in a non-dreamer world. As the years went on, her dream fell further and further down the dream ladder as more realistic dreams suddenly made way to the top.

Those realistic dreams came true . . . every last one of them. And the girl was happy.

Very happy.

Then one day, someone reminded her of the little dream she had, so many years ago.

And they told her . . . she could do it. And they believed.

That's all it took. Was for one person, to believe.

And while it may not be a big deal to the realists in her life, the dreamer . . . was flying high.

Flourish, my friends. Flourish.

And flourish, we shall!

Are you a dreamer? Or a realist? Leave me a message in the comments and tell me. I would LOVE to know!

Comments

  1. Oh, Leanne, so much of this sounds like my childhood - my parents are so serious, such realists, so fearful ... sigh. It's taken decades to find my inner dreamer, to let her out in all her pink and sparkled glory! So I'm silly and giddy - doesn't the world need that just as much as it needs practicality??? You and I danced through the Art Institute, we laughed, we cried, we jumped up and down, and we will flourish TOGETHER ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a dreamer NOW.... It is so much fun......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what Yenta Mary said... and.. I have so many things that I would like to say... but all I will say is... let your wings sore... and floursih..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a dreamer.... but I sometimes need to be a realist to pay the bills :-) I reckon you are a dreamer at heart still Leanne...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally a dreamer. And most of my dreams do come true, even if it's not the way I imagined it would.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!