The Universe is Calling

It's funny, when that Universe comes knocking, isn't it? Funny that I think I can sneak something past it, but that ol'universe has a way of reminding me of my intentions. Yep, it was a bit of a bang for me today.

Here we are, my friends, day number 4 of the New Year. It's time to take roll call and see how we are all faring with our "Word(s) of the Year". Have you welcomed yours with open arms and are you living it during each and every part of your day? Or, is it like that crowded junk drawer in your home . . . that one that you know needs some attention but you are avoiding it at all cost?

I have to honestly say that in some ways, I've flourished this week. Yet in other ways, there is a complete and total deficit in the flourish department.

On the home front . . . I flourished. BIG time. From family dinners being planned in advance and ready on the table at the dinner hour, to keeping up with the laundry and dishes, I flourished. And in the MOM department . . . thumbs up, all the way. I have to say, it was a GREAT Mom week for me. Play dates and sleep overs were arranged and conducted, grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup was on the menu, and Pinterest activities were planned and completed for a number of girls in our neighborhood this week. From jolly rancher suckers being made, to even mom (me) dancing along with "Just Dance 4" on the Wii . . . our house was THE place to be.

Yep, FLOURISH.

But, on the art end of this life of mine . . . a major lack of flourishing took place. The studio space was not organized or re-arranged, as I wished. And even the idea of going into it left me with itchy palms and tense shoulders. After the mad rush of holiday shows and Etsy orders, my studio is so disheveled that I can't even see straight when I am there. And while I desperately need to get myself into that space, I just didn't do it this week.

Nope, no flourish.

And my friends, the Universe was not happy with that.

This morning, as I sat at my kitchen table paying homage to my cup of Starbucks Verona coffee, Katie ran upstairs from the basement and yelled, "Mom! Mommm!!! Something happened downstairs . . . your red shelf fell off the wall! Come quick!"

And she was right. A large red shelf that I picked up at Ikea last year, that held canvases, picture frames, boxes of stamps, bins of embellishments, folders of decorative vintage papers and hundreds of other things, had come right off of the wall and found itself resting nicely on the cabinet below. All the items previously held on the shelf were now spread (unharmed, thank goodness) on the floor.

I stood for a minute looking at this mess and said, "Oh, dear . . . ", taking in the massive disorganized state. Then I got on my hands and knees and starting picking things up. One by one, I look at each canvas, at each piece of paper, at each embellishment, and felt that tinge of excitement at the thought of . . . creating. . . again. I looked at each little scrap of torn paper, and each little letter stamp that fell from it's box, and thought, "Oh, how I love this," and "Oh, I can't wait to use this." One by one, I stacked everything on my large work table, and one by one, I felt inspired. I felt excited. I felt . . . alive.

PG said he'd help me fix the shelf tomorrow, and I intend on spending the rest of the day completely revamping my studio space. I am so excited . . . I can't wait to get my hands on everything and find a new way to organize it.

And then . . . when it is done . . . I will paint. And paint.  And paint.  And paint.

I can't wait.

I can't help but think that the shelf falling off the wall was the Universe telling me to get a move on. It's way of reminding me that it is day 4 of this New Year . . . that the time is NOW.

And boy-oh-boy, does that make me happy.

So, tomorrow . . . FLOURISH and I have a date.

It's going to be a good one, too.

Leave me a comment and let me know how you are doing with your word. I'd love to know.

Wishing you peace.





Comments

  1. That has to be the best disaster to dream come true story I have heard in decades - Congrats to the "universe" for its very messy wake up call!
    Hugs,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh.. the universe said, "HELLO, Leanne??!!" hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just perfect! You didn't cry a river like I would have - you got inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your shelf fell and instead of throwing a tantrum like I would...you embraced it and became inspired!! What a good example for your daughters, too.

    Okay...friend. I didn't know what your word was since I haven't had my computer...I love your word!! And I think you did a pretty darn good job of flourishing last year:) This year friend will be amazing for you!! You will for sure FLOURISH!! I am off to finally write my WORD post!! Hooray!!

    Love you friend!!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!