Wishes

 
I love making wishes.  
And I love the magic of the moment
right when you make one.
 
As if the wish fairies are flying around
high above you,
with their fairy nets in their hands,
just ready to catch your wish.
 
You know that moment . . .
 when the candles are lit,
and the lights are turned off,
and the sound of people singing to you is faint in your head,
because you are thinking about . . .
 
y o u r
 
* w * i * s * h * 

 
and then,
when the singing stops . . . 
you take that deep breath in
and
with all your might . . .

 
. . . blow as hard as you can,
so your wish will come true.
 
*  *  *  *  *  * 
 
I still believe in wishes.
Even when I know some of them
can't really come true.
 
Because yesterday,
 my wish would have been
to stop time . . .
 
right here . .  .
 

. . . and hold on to this moment just a
 
l i t t l e
 
b i t
 
l o n g e r.
 
Wishing you a wonderful wishful day, my friend.
 
Peace.
xo xo

Comments

  1. You are a writing monster, Leanne!! LOVE your sweet words!! Sooo happy the day was special for your sweet little girlie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beeeaaautiful post Leanne... straight from your heart :-) Hope Ella had a fab birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, my sweet...time did stop for that moment. You captured it in picture and in word and burned in your heart forever. Such a beautiful moment! Such a beautiful look on the birthday girl's face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, sooo sweeett. Happy Belated birthday to Ella! Especially love this:
    As if the wish fairies are flying around
    high above you,
    with their fairy nets in their hands,
    just ready to catch your wish.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!