Crafty Schamfty Friday 7

 
Greetings, dear Crafty Schmafty Friends! Today's Crafty Schamfty Friday post is a story of inspiration and art . . . and one that I can't wait to share with you. If you follow me on Facebook, you will have already seen this photo of a drawing Katie (my oldest daughter, 9 years of age) made for me last week. It was in her little sketch book that she handed to me when I put her to bed a few nights ago.

"Mom," she said, "I have an idea for your next painting."


My eyes filled with tears when she handed it to me  . . . because I realized, for the very first time, that she gets it.

I have always said that the art I make is truly a message to my daughters. I like to create inspiring pieces that will teach them to believe in themselves, to follow their dreams, to live their lives to the fullest, to live happy and joyful days. But sometimes, when I stop and think about it, I wonder if they really get it.

This week, I saw with my own eyes that Katie gets it. All of it.

And I knew that if there was ONE THING I was going to paint this week, it was going to be inspired by HER drawing.

So, I sat down with canvas, papers and paints in hand, and came up with this weeks art . . . inspired by my daughter.  (big sigh)

 
I knew I wanted to make the piece similar to her drawing, and together Katie and I collaborated a few of the finishing bits (we decided to change the saying just a little, and I loved showing the girl in motion on the canvas.)

This mixed media piece is done on 11x14" canvas, and includes some wonderful vintage wallpaper and sheet music. I don't think it photographs as well as it really looks. I need to (desperately) improve my photography skills for my art. I don't think any of my photos do justice for the works being photographed. This piece is just so . . . happy. So . . . inspiring. So . . . Katie.

 
When she came home from school and saw the finished piece, she hugged and hugged me for what seemed like ever. She couldn't believe how it all came out, and she was so honored that I actually made something from one of her ideas.
 

That's what it really is all about, to me. Inspiring my daughters . . . and letting them know that if they really believed . . . their dreams would come true, too.

Thanks for letting me share this story and this piece with you during our Crafty Schamfty Friday post. I promise to be back with something a little more Crafty-er and Schmafty-er next week!

In the meantime . . . if you have anything to share from your own Crafty Schmafty blogs, please leave us a comment and let us know!

Peace!!!

Comments

  1. Awwww....this is so awesome!!! What a beautiful inspiring piece!!!:) Your girls are such sweet hearts...like their mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the new art:O) have an awesome week:O)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!