Releasing



I took the girls for Chinese food last Saturday.

Phil Guy is a traveling fool these days (he's on week 4 of eight weeks of having some sort of business trip somewhere - but yes, we are blessed!) 

When he is gone, I love to take the girls out for special dinners here or there. Chinese is one of them. We go to a nearby restaurant called "Mo's 3" (yes, it is the third one.) We have gotten to know the owner, Jess, and the minute we walk in - she treats us like queens. She brings the girls the same drink each and every time - a strawberry fruit smoothie - without even asking. And they use these awesome HUGE and bright colored straws that the girls LOVE.

It's a special place for us.

They do a wonderful take-out business, but the restaurant is often empty when we are there. It makes me worry for them, but I do enjoy having the place to ourselves.

At the end of the meal, Jess brings me the bill on a tray, stacked with our fortune cookies. It's normal practice now for me to hold the tray high in the air, and each girl reaches up for their fortune. I hold it high so they can't accuse each other of "taking" each others. There is no confusion - and you never quite know what fortune you will get when you crack open that cookie. Oh . . . the anticipation is exciting!

And I have to tell you . . . the universe is pretty awesome, because I usually get one that is PERFECT for me.

Last week was no exception.

"Find release in your cares, have a good time."

I'm working hard on myself these days. On the inside of me. My mind. My soul. My core.

And "Find release in your cares" couldn't have been better.

Yes, that universe is pretty amazing. Have you ever had a fortune that hit home? I bet you have.

Peace, dear friends.

Comments

  1. Oh those fortune cookies are always right aren't they??! Love that they know you there...it makes you and your girls feel so special. My Emma and I have a chinese place we enjoy in town...its small and cozy. Love it.

    I miss you...I hope I am back in the swing now that my teaching gig is up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!