I've Been Thinking . . .

I've been doing a lot of thinking . . .

uh-oh . . .

PG would be nervous. I know when ever the words "Honey? I've been thinking . . . " come from my mouth, I am sure he gets some sort of pit in his stomach. The "WHAT" that I have been thinking is never expected. It could be something random, like having pasta for dinner . . . to something as totally drastic, like going to buy a new car that day. (Seriously.)

But when ever I am thinking, you can be certain of one thing . . .

Change is a'coming.

So, I've been . . . thinking.

I've had my little "From Chaos Comes Happiness" home here for quite some time. Started wayyyyy backkkkkk in 2009, actually, when I was a mother of a 6 and 2 year old, was an almost full-time health care worker, was not doing a single creative thing (other than scrapbooking), and was desperately trying to find  . . . me.

I think I found her. Me, that is. In the past four years, I have grown so much. I have gone back to my roots. I have learned. I have experienced. I have disappointed (I am sure). But I have truly found me. The artist. The dreamer. The believer.

I like where I am.

But . . . where is that? I am still the mother. The wife. But I am also . . . the artist.

YAY!!!!

So, I think I might need to re-brand myself. Create a website for . . . me.

I'm working through it all in my head right now. But I don't think I want my art to hide behind the "From Chaos Comes Happiness" name any longer. I want my art to stand tall as MY name. Me. Leanne Wargowsky. The artist. The Dreamer. The Believer.

Yes, that is me.

So I have to figure it out. Do I stop this blog, and create a website with a link to another blog? Do I keep this going, and just start a website for my art? Will I have the time, the energy, the stories, to do both? How does someone go about branding . . . themselves? I'm on a limited budget (like . . . dimes and nickels, really). I can't hire a bit time agency to help me with this transition. I have to do it . . . on my own.

But I can. I will. Like everything in the past four years.

I wanted to make art again, so I did.
I wanted to make candles, so I did.
I wanted to open an Etsy shop, and fill it with jewelry and magnets and prints and greeting cards and hand painted picture frames. So, I did.
I wanted to learn Photoshop, and Illustrator, and Blogger, so . . . I did.
I wanted to write a book . . . and I am doing that, too (oh, yes . .  I have been. Didn't I tell you?)

You really can do anything that you put your mind to.

I know it. I believe it.

Because . . . I've been thinking . . .

So, hang in there with me, my friends. We are on an incredible ride right now. I don't know where it will take us, but it is bound to be amazing. And I am so glad you are here with me.

And to thank you . . . a little glimpse of another art piece I did last week. This piece came from my heart . . . and poured itself right onto the canvas. I couldn't be happier with it.

I am in the process of making a whole number of these, and will have them in some Etsy shop soon. I promise to keep you posted.

And . . . as always . . . I wish you Peace.

Comments

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that piece. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.. I certainly hope you continue the blog. I miss the personal posts, I love the thoughtful way you take us on your journey. Of course, at the end of the day, you have to do what is best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to see what you decide because they are always great:O) I love the new painting:O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo...I wonder where this will take you?? I, too have been thinking about where I am going as an artist...I for sure have GROWN! I am proud of that...but there are still so many uncertainities in our lives right now...and even though we are supposed to fly anyway...I must stay close to home. My family needs me during this time to work and provide an income. I am still dreaming and even doing...but for now I am content where I am ....well at least for awhile!!:)

    I am here to support you so what ever you decide....I will be here!!!:)

    Love,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure everything I just wrote was published....grrrrr...so I need to go but just know it was awesome...lol:) I am here for you!!!!

    Love,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should start a whole new blog with a new name, just like I did. People will follow you there - I will follow you there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you the best luck and hope whatever desicion you make about the blog and web-site for your arts you will be with us, inspiring us with very simple but so deep meaning stories. And many thanks for the picture)

    Best,
    Dina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!