6 Mistakes Made in Hair Coloring

I'm having a bad hair decade. . . how about you?

I feel like every single attempt I make at a style is immediately smashed with fine, lifeless, dried out, bodiless hair. Seriously. . . I don't know what it is. I mean, I'm a chunky girl. I guess God (or whoever) feels that if I can't have a THIN BODY . . . then he might as well give me THIN HAIR. If he decided that I'm to be a plump girl - why not give me plump hair, too???? Why stop at the head???? It's just not fair. (And, yes, I do realize that God does not make me plump. . . however God did create the person who invented cheesecake . . . therefore God is somewhat responsible for my plump bod.)

This week my dear friend asked me if I highlighted my hair. That was a polite friends way of saying, "Girl, your grays are BAD!!!! You really need to color your hair." So. . . I did. Thus followed a series of mistakes. . . To cooperate with the current economic hardship of my bank account - I decided to color it on my own (mistake #1). I bought my haircolor at Walmart (mistake #2) while grocery shopping with a toddler (mistake #3). I colored it on a morning I was off work, while my children seemed somewhat occupied painting at the kitchen table (mistake #4), which ended up being a 5 minute scream fest arguing for the better paint brush (seriously . . . they were arguing over a ten cent paint brush!). I was rushed and stressed, which is why it appears I missed the area near my right temple (mistake #5). And the color? Well, lets just say the color is somewhere between Amber Brown, as it states on the box, and CARROT (mistake #6).

So there we have it . . . 6 Mistakes I made. . . and therefore reasons why I should NOT have colored my hair.

But, when I think about it . . . it's not all that bad. I mean, there was that one time back in the '90s when I went to get a perm at a hair place in Ridge Mall and should have immediately walked out when the lady cut a hole in a PLASTIC GREEN GARBAGE BAG and put it around my neck . . . instead of the usual cape they drape over you. I think it took me 10 years to grow that perm out. Now that was a pretty rough hair moment. . .

How about you?

Comments

  1. Sorry that happened babe. I will help you next time. I like your greys though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah....a GREEN garbage bag!! That's just insane! THAT should have made it crystal clear that they weren't working with a full deck!! GREEN!! Really!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your hair.. I commented last week about it. Hope you like the new color. Love the posts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!