What is your dream?

I heard the coolest story on the way home from work today, on Chicago Public Radio, about an artist who paid her rent as many artists do - waitressing in downtown Chicago. What made this story so different, though, was that one day this person received a $40,000 tip from a customer, allowing her to quit her waitressing job and devote one year of her life following her dreams. . . . could you imagine?

She spoke about how the reality of working a job that she didn't love made her cranky, tense and frustrated. She was at a breaking point in her life and was feeling overwhelmed and burnt out when she was reminded that "The only thing that is going to break you, is YOU."

What would you do if you could live your dream? Are you already doing it? Now I know that the prospect of someone handing over a $40,000 tip to you today is very slim. But isn't it interesting to really take a look at ourselves and consider if it's really "my bills, my spouse, my job, my family, my bank account" that is stopping me from living my dream? Or, is it ME?

I don't know the answer myself. And I find myself regularly searching for . . . something. Do I even know what my dream is? Maybe this blog is the start of it for me, I don't know. Whatever it is - I ask you today to think about your dream. Believe in it. Maybe that is the first step towards our $40,000. Just Maybe. . .

Comments

  1. I'd open a book store....a children's book store. I keep dreaming....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!