WARNING: This story contains language that some might consider unsuitable for blogging.

“PLEASE! Let me poop in PEACE!!!” Yes, those words came out of my mouth. . . I said it. . . I'm not proud of it. . . but I meant it.

And as I sat there thinking about what just came out of my mouth – I was in shock. For never in my life did I ever think I would say those words. But . . . life changes once you bring a little baby into the world. It changes even more when you add a second one. Then, they start to grow. And they learn to walk and talk. And they follow you around (everywhere). Then they really learn to talk. Begging to have a friend over to play with, begging to play outside, begging for a treat or snack, begging to play Wii, begging for some more and more juice, and talking and begging and talking. Just being a kid.

And there I go – for a moment of calmness. In my sanctuary. My bathroom.

Today I sat in the bathroom as one child kept walking in and out (I knew I should have locked the door) and the other stood in the doorway begging for me to be done (seriously . . . “Mom, when are you going to be done?”).

Finally, when I couldn’t take it anymore I yelled, “PLEASE!!! Will you please let me poop in PEACE!!!!”

That was it. It was out there – in the universe. Done. Seven years ago I worked in an office, made a decent living, wore high heel shoes and make-up, and could never have imagined saying those words. Today, life is different. But it’s the best life I’ve ever had. I wouldn’t change a single thing.

And today my daughters walked out of the bathroom and closed the door. And I was in peace.

Comments

  1. I'm laughing out loud!! I can hear your voice!!! I just love how you find humor in the simplest things in your life. Well, okay, pooping in peace might not be considered one of the simplest things in your life. But, Leanne, you certainly entertain with your view of life!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!