Believe . . .

A few weeks ago, I purchased a lovely decorative binder to gather all of my creative materials from my "Flying Lessons" e-course. To help decorate the inside, I painted a little Kelly Rae inspired angel, reminding me to "Believe in the dreams of tomorrow!" and I included a little clear envelope where I could write a 'secret' note to myself with gentle reminders to "GO FOR IT!", to "BELIEVE IN YOURSELF" and a number of other little things to motivate me on my creative journey.

I've been carrying this binder with me everywhere. I write notes in it, I keep copies of the posts from class, I doodle in it. It has become my very own creative bible, so to speak. Katie knows that I am taking a "class" on the computer to help me and my "Art" and that this binder has all of my special notes in it. She has asked to look at the binder a couple times, and I love to watch her gently turn the pages as her eyes light up to the art work and doodles held within. 

The other night, I opened up the cover and found that there was something inside the clear envelope. I was puzzled because I knew that I hadn't put anything in there yet (haven't gotten around to writing that letter to myself.) However, it looks like I may not have to . . . because when I opened the envelope and took the paper out, this is what I found . . .  

My Mom is a Artist

Looks like the only thing I needed for motivation in my creative journey is my very own daughter. If she believes in her Mom . . . I wonder why her Mom has such a hard time believing in herself . . . 

It's moments like this when that lump in my throat takes over and I count the MANY MANY blessings I have.

Life is Good.

Comments

  1. Life IS Good!!!
    Leave it to our lovely KJ to provide that little "angel" nudge. She is just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Leanne that is so SWEET! What a darling little girl. Isn't is just great that our kids can see what sometimes we can't? A treasure for sure:)

    Your binder is super cute...and that Kelly inspired angel is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Not only are you a wonderful artist, with a special daughter you're obviously doing a great job as Mom.

    Your good friend, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and caring girl you have! Obviously, you ARE an artist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Leanne that is sooo sweet and just warms my heart. That note makes it all worth while doesn't it? AND I looove your angel! It's beautiful. You ARE an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH. This is nearly going to make Betty cry! Isn't that better than almost anything!!! It's a keeper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How freakin sweet!!! And that picture you did is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that made me tear up...for so many reasons. one of which is after 3 boys I am looking forward to my baby girl doing sweet things like that...shes 2 now and just has fits. :) My boys make things for me too...my last post shows one of them...its just not pretty.
    Love your blog...I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK - I have so many favorites - but this is definetly in my top 5 now - daughters . . . special little pieces of a mom's soul and wow - she gets you.

    It's just the best! Rita

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!