Obsessions

Do you remember the Calvin Klein add campaign back in the 80's for Obsession perfume? I just watched an old commercial from 1989 on You Tube and it cracked me up. Back then I remember thinking that if I actually wore the perfume I would be as cool as the people in that commercial. (I'm so glad I grew out of that phase.)
(image from Calvin Klein Obsession commercial)

What's funny is that I never really had my own bottle of Obsession. My sister did, though. That's probably another reason why I liked the perfume so much. My sister is 8 years older than me and I have always looked up to her. If she liked Obsession back then, then I must, too. Yes, Obsession was my obsession.

These days, my obsessions range from seltzer to hair products. Still, I have those "things" that I can't live without. Here is a little list of things that I must have every day (or pretty close to it):

CANFIELD'S SELTZER
Seriously. I CAN NOT LIVE without Canfield's Seltzer - original flavor. I know, crazy, huh? I don't know when it started, but this is my all time beverage of choice. It's also what I lean most towards when I'm feeling verklempt [Side note: Natalie from "Mommy of a Monster" - If you are reading this ... VERKLEMPT ... now THERE'S a word for your weekly meme!! Don't you think? ; )] Anyway, I had to have Canfield's seltzer in the labor and delivery room when I was giving birth to both of my daughters, and if I don't have at least 1 can in the fridge at all times ... I'm a wreck!!!
COSTCO
I am a Costco addict! I LOVE this store ... and I always manage to get myself into BIG TROUBLE when shopping at Costco. I mean, do I REALLY need a bag of 100 HUGE Vidalia onions? I don't even like French Onion soup! Seriously! But, I need them! Where else can I buy 10,000 drinking straws and eat lunch for $1.25? LOVE my Costco!

 
HUMMUS
I've written about my obsession with hummus before. It's still there ... going strong. What's really PERFECT, is that they SELL HUMMUS at COSTCO! (I KNOW! I'm in HEAVEN!) I really can't live without my hummus. Yum!

 
STARBUCKS COFFEE
I know. I've had my ups and downs with Starbucks. I've tapped their drive-thru window and lived to tell about it. I've been angry with their employees over their lack of customer service. But when it comes down to it ... I'm a Starbucks Coffee Junkie, and just walking into a store and smelling their coffee brings an immediate smile to my face. Hmmmmm... Starbucks.
Side note: PG is/was a BIG Battlestar Galactica (the newer one) fan. Battlestar Galactica was a Sci-fi show that ran on the Sci-Fi network for 4 years starting in 2004. Anyway, I used to watch the show with him, believe it or not. What he doesn't know is that the only reason I watched it was because they had an awesome female character whose nickname was Starbuck. Her character used to kick-b*** and I loved that!
I LOVE my Starbucks!!!

L'OCCITANE LAVENDER EAU DE TOILETTE
I have definitely graduated from Obsession perfume. And for the past 8 or so years, the only fragrance I wear is Lavender Eau de Toilette from L'Occitane. It is me .... all me ... and the ONLY thing I wear every single day. I can't live without it!

REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK
Ok, this one is really ridiculous (as if the seltzer, hummus and coffee wasn't enough), but this is truly one of my worst vices .... I can not live without my Real Housewives shows on Bravo TV. I KNOW. I am so disappointed in myself. But, it's terribly addictive and I can honestly say that I get 100% pure enjoyment from this show (the New York one, specifically ... although I have also been setting the DVR for New Jersey and am quite hooked on that one, too!) I have to tell you how I got hooked on these shows.
A number of years ago my neighbor, Tony, was injured on the job and had to have surgery on his shoulder. He was off work for a number of months, and during his recovery he was stuck at home (and really desperate for adult conversation) for close to 10 months. One day he and I were talking and he said, "Leanne, I gotta tell you. I'm hooked on this darn Real Housewives show on Bravo. Do you watch it?" and I rolled my eyes and said, "Tony, you have GOT to be kidding me??? YOU are watching Real Housewives??" At the time, I had not caught even a commercial, let alone sat down to watch the show at all. But, being the kind and caring neighbor I am, ;) I decided to watch an episode (or two, three, four, maybe, 50), so that I could converse with dear Tony about his new favorite hobby. Can you believe it? I still love to tell people that TONY got me hooked on Real Housewives (and he would absolutely KILL me to know that I was writing about it now, so ... mums the word, ok?)
REDKEN GUTS 10
And as we are talking about "REAL HOUSEWIVES", I'll share my final obsession with you, the thing that makes me "real" .... Redken Guts 10 volumizing mousse. I can't live without it. My hair would not know what to do with itself if not gently persuaded to lift, with the help of this awesome product! LOVE this stuff! Just love it!


So there you have it, my day in, day out obsessions. Things that I absolutely LOVE and hope to never have to live without. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I am blessed to have things that make me happy in my life. And what the heck, if the Real Housewives of NY make me smile ... well ... so be it, right?

What about you? What are your obsessions? I'd love to know!

Comments

  1. We call costco "the 300 dollar store." you know why. :)

    My obsessions are coke slurpees with a hint of cherry. real housewives of OC {okay, any reality show on Bravo, actually}. dessert of any type. sweet tea. do you get that most of mine are food related? :)

    great post idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely coffee here too, right now frozen coffee concoctions! You got me thinking about old commercials. I distinctly remember the one for Sergio Jeans....remember, 'we love you Sergio'?. Or remember the Kit Kat commercial with the guys in the truck and their dog? Okay, I am probably the only one that remembers these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Followed your link over from "the lady bloggers"

    I love your list, and mine would be similar except for the "real housewives" I admit to never watching the show - OMG, yes it's true!

    I'll also have to try that hair mousse - sounds like something I could use!

    Thanks for the trip down memory lane with the Obsession commericals!

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am currently obsessed with FiberOne bars. And Top Chef...I just can't get into Real Housewives, though.

    I still love me the scent of OBsession though. Especially the men's version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FUN post!
    I have NEVER heard of this seltzer?! I don't believe they sell that down here!! As for Starbucks, Real Housewives of NYC - I am right there with you.

    The Hummus - I, too, was a HUGE fan of this brand of hummus. But then I met the egyptian - and I fell in love with another store bought kind that is waaaaaaaay better. I will have to email you the name (it is in arabic) - you can find it at a Mediterranean food store or Whole Foods!

    LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Love this! My roommate in college wore Obsession and i LOVED it!! I could never afford it so I just enjoyed it when she'd spray it...our whole room smelled amazing!!

    I actually bought a sample of it last year and tried to wear it...it brought back memories but gave me a headache!!

    As for Costco...you are so lucky to have a store near you! We don't and we sure do miss them. When we go to Utah every summer the first stop is Costco. The people we live with for a few weeks...their daughter is in the service dept!! We always eat the pizza and the cinnamon pastry thingys...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leanne--I think you should write a very short story and include all of your obsessions in it. Wouldn't that be fun?

    I am with you on the hummus. OH! Don't get me started!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi leanne! what a beautiful comment you wrote on my blog...i am so pleased when i hear that my art and blog are reaching out to others as intended...
    now i realize that you are the friend leslie was talking about..that did her new header/button design...you do nice work!
    i am now a follower of yours as well!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a huge lover of Costco, it's actually my best friend. It's there when ever I need it and It supports me in all I like to do. What more could a person ask for!! :)

    Cute post, I could go on with more but I'll stop at Desperate Housewives, I love that show. Ok, I love Jelly Bellies too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wine, Target, Trader Joe's, bbqs with family, and vanilla bean ice cream.

    Your list is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too funny because we are having HUMMUS as I speak...er, type and it's the same as yours..just the roasted garlic one! We discovered this Indian flat bread and it's so good with it. I remember Obsession. I had to sell bottles of it because my first summer job was at the Fragrance counter at Macy's! My obessions: chocolate, the thrift shop, any Stampington magazine, diet Pepsi (and I REALLY need to quit that one), funky jewelry and my latest would be Digital Scrapbook Place where I find all sorts of fun graphics! Love L'Occitane too and this post!....OMG my son just said 'Look you're on the sidebar!' And I looked and there I am. You are so so so sweet to put me there and I really do wish you were closer (except don't think you'd like the heat right now). We could have tea (iced) and HUMMUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha I love yOur first paragraph! Too funny! Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love me some Hummus and can't live without deit Dr Pepper! Oh and I'd be in Starbucks every day if I had the cash...but I so remember that Starbucks chick kick some butt.

    House wifes huh?? I'm more of a Clean house and the Dog whisperer fan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really starting to love hummus, too! How weird! As you know, my newest obsession is Avatar: The Last Airbender....silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Leanne! Obsession is bringing back memories!

    Your blog is looking so spiffy! Love it!!!

    Thanks for the kind words over on my place. I have been MIA all week. Now, I'm back in action. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!