Gotta Love Pie!

When I was down and out last week, PG made a pie. Seriously. A Cherry Pie. From Cherries that we picked at my in-laws. Seriously.

My in-laws have the most wonderful, magical place on earth . . . I'm pretty sure of it (although, I haven't been to Disney World yet, and I hear it's pretty magical there. Until I get to Disney, I'm going to classify my in-laws home as the most wonderful, magical place on earth!) Especially if you are my daughters. . .

because, at Nana and Papa's, life is . . . fanTAStic! I mean, where else can you . . . drive a tractor? Throw stones in a River? Pick Cherries? Swing from a willow? Run and laugh for hours and hours? Here are some photos taken from the day (again, forgot the camera at home . . . augh! But the handy trustworthy camera phone was oh-so useful!)


Ok, but back to the pie, right? Yes, the pie. Here is a close-up, just ready for the top crust . . .

 
And just out of the oven . . .

Can you smell it? It was . . . DELICIOUS!!! Gotta love that Phil Guy! He is not afraid of the kitchen - at all! And there is something so sexy about a man cooking and baking, don't you think?

Hmmmmm . . . wonder what he'll cook next! I'll keep you posted! ; )

Comments

  1. Good morning! I am visiting via Lady Bloggers!! That pie looks AMAZING, and what a fun place for the kids to grow up! But, yes...Disney IS magical too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pie looks delicious! The pictures are great! I am visiting you from Lady Bloggers Society! You have a new follower! Come and visit me at Mama's Little chick.

    Mama Hen
    www.mamaslittlechick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I want to sit under those trees! Love the picture of the pie too! Bet it was yummy!!! Could you please send me a piece?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the BEST looking cherry pie I've ever seen!! Cherry is my FAVORITE,too!!!!!!

    Love the photos of your family, Leanne. Beautiful:)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again I'm in Jackson's account...

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly I don't like Cherry pie, but I love fresh cherries and I am DROOLING over all these pie pics. The sugar on the cherries is so magical. DId I mention I am jealous of your kids magic land at your in-laws I am so obsessed with places like that I used to read the Little House on the Prairie book set and eat fresh fruit and imagine I was somewhere like your in-laws! Ah, it must be good to be your kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a lovely lovely cherry pie!
    I am truly amazed about Phil Guy's cooking and baking skills. You should blog about his FABU homemade burgers (with the chopped basil). Mmmmmmmmm!!! Yes, gotta love a (Phil) guy in the kitchen. I swear I will pay him to give Claudio cooking/baking lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait a minute....where was my pie last night? Hmmmm. Your in-laws place looks idyllic - can I move in with them?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!