What kind of tree are you?

Today I had another one of those “random thinking moments”. They are happening frequently this week because I am, once again, fighting some sort of cold and my head is foggy and full of ick. When that happens, I have a hard time focusing on my tasks at hand and am so easily distracted. The brain starts to venture off in a number of directions and I just can’t help it.

So, I started thinking about Sandra Bullock. (I am, of course, on TEAM SANDRA!) Then I started thinking about her Barbara Walters special on Oscar night, and how she must feel after saying such kind things about her husband during that interview, only to find that he wasn’t being very kind behind her back. Then I started thinking about other celebrities that Barbara Walters has interviewed. Then I started thinking about “couples” that Barbara has interviewed, and I imagined whether I would want to be interviewed on my own or seated next to PG (yes . . . this is how my mind works.) I came to the conclusion that I would rather be interviewed with PG, because he really is a great guy. I decided that he and I together would give Barbara Walters a really great interview. Then (no . . . I’m not done yet. . . ), I imagine what questions Barbara, eh-hem, Ms. Walters, would ask us, and I think of how we might reply. “Where do you see yourselves in 10 years?” , “Does he still make you laugh?”, and the ever famous question asked of Katharine Hepburn, “What kind of tree would you be?”

My mind then traveled outside, to my front yard, and our Magnolia tree. I decide that my answer would be, “Ms. Walters . . . I am a Magnolia.” But not a southern magnolia (although I LOVE the movie Steele Magnolia), with large waxy leaves and big flowers. I would be a northern Magnolia, just like the one I have in my front lawn. My in-laws gave this tree to us the summer we built our home, and it was the most wonderful housewarming present we received. We quickly planted it right in the middle of our front lawn, and I have spent the past 9 years watching it grow and the flowers bloom and fall and bloom and fall. We are just about to start another spring bloom, and during the next week this tree with be at its finest. I decided that I am most like a Magnolia because I, too, have moments when I am most beautiful and simply radiant, flowering for the sun. But then a big gust of wind comes, and I fall. However I always, day after day, (or year after year) get myself back up. So, yes, Ms. Walters. I am proud to be a Magnolia. And there, my mind returns to my day. Today. Here and now. As a young child calls for “Mommy” and the dryer buzzer goes off.

So, what kind of tree would YOU be?

Comments

  1. Thank you so for visiting! My blog name comes from a magnolia tree we had in our previous home (I miss that tree!). I will definitely be visiting again=;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these kinds of questions. What a good choice you've made. I gotta go with the classic oak tree. Yep, that's me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar Maple! Colorful at times, strong in the most turbulent of times, sweetness within...I could go on, but you get it!!

    LOVE the magnolias this time of year. Love the movie, Steel Magnolias (one of my top ten chick flicks). And I think the northern magnolia fits you well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know enough trees to know which I am (I know, such a lame answer) but I am totally Team Sandra - and welcome to TMC!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your mind wanders. Mine does the same thing. It all makes sense to me, but my husband gets lost in the translation. I f I was a tree, I would be a sugar maple. Sturdy, but colorful who takes a very long nap during the winter and doesn't worry about anything.

    Nice blog...stopping by from TNC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm, Leanne...I'm trying to decide what kind of tree I would be...I think a willow tree. I love them! Love how they hang down. Little children can create "houses" underneath their branches. Also I think of the south when I think of them. And ya' know I've always felt like I was a southern girl. {now that needs to be a post!!}

    Go Sandra! Can you believe what that DAWG did to her?? Right after she won the Oscar, too. What a JERK!

    Have a great weekend Leanne. I'm gonna be e-mailing you today:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. I would be a Lialac Tree. Beautiful purple blossoms that most folks are allergic too!
    Bwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got another free second, the kids have friends over again! Anyhow - tree hmmm that's deep- I'm going to have to think about that and get back to you! Btw, your day dreaming cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!