Peace in the ER

Brilliant photographer and blogger, Tracey Clark, wrote a wonderful post today on "finding comfort and peace in the little things." (Strongly encourage you to visit her blog - she is inspiring, creative, and all things AMAZING rolled into one! Click her name for a link to her blog.)

Last night I found peace in the strangest place. It wasn't our home. It wasn't a church. It wasn't a park or symphony hall. It was, of all places, an Emergency Room. Because for the first time in what seemed like weeks (but was really just a few hours) Ella slept . . . peacefully


A fever that we could not get a handle on, and a rash that started to take over much of her fair skin, caused great concern to me and resulted in a quick ride to the ER late last night. And sitting there as Ella finally found her rest, left me teary eyed and full of appreciation for this blessing I've been given called, "Motherhood."

I love being a Mom. I love being Katie and Ella's Mom. I am blessed beyond words for the gift of their lives. I still remember leaving the hospital with Katie after she was born. I remember pulling away with this newborn baby in my car and looking back thinking, "That's it? There's no exit interview or test to confirm I am capable of doing this? They just let me take her? Seriously?" But, that was it. And I haven't stop thanking God for them since that day.

Sitting in the ER with Ella last night made me think about all of those blessings all over again. She is feeling a little better today, although the fever is still there. I'm hoping a visit to our pediatrician will provide us with more answers and a concrete plan for getting our girl back to her "call the police" ways. Until then, I'm counting my blessings. All of them. I hope you have some blessings to count today, too.

Comments

  1. So sweet! I had the same feeling as i left the hospital. What a beautiful post that speaks of the joys of all aspects of being a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww poor thing!! I hope she's back to normal soon!!! It's so funny I was the SAME way with my son. I was so bad that while still in the hospital I buzzed the nurse and said "he needs his diaper changed, do I do that?" I just remember feeling like there is NO WAY somone left ME in charge!! Btw, the nurse did chuckle a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Leanne!!! I'm so sorry she's not feeling like EB!! Sure hope you get some answers. As I read your post, I felt peace wash over me. Isn't it amazing what gratitude can do to you in the blink of an eye? I, too, am grateful for my kids, and for the grandkids they have blessed me with!
    Get well, EB!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...love to the little Ella - poor baby! Leanne, you're such a good momma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad she is okay! Nothing more comforting than a peaceful sleeping chid. Even in the ER!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post Leanne! So glad to hear your baby is home and OK. Our babies are always babies to us. I still see my little boy when I check on my sleeping 13 yr old son every night. I'm grateful every day that I get to be his mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor thing! I hope she is feeling better.

    Stopping in to welcome you to SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping your little Ella is doing better - sending Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!