Which TV Mom are YOU? Another Random Thinking Moment!

HELLO FRIENDS!!!!! So sorry I haven't been around the past few days. . . I've been knee deep in Eat Pray Love this week and have spent all of my free time absorbed in the pages of that book. Have you read it? Such a wonderful look at the authors search for peace . . . spiritual, emotional, physical, all of it. I am absolutely LOVING this book and have found myself reading it with a little notebook next to me so that I can jot down inspiring thoughts that come to my mind as I read it. SO fantastic.

And, of course, with these little inspiring thoughts . . . come some more of those darn "Random Thinking Moments". This time, my thought went from Eat Pray Love, the book, to Eat Pray Love, the MOVIE (which is due out in theaters this August.) In case you didn't know - the movie stars Julia Roberts (who I DO adore. I mean . . . what's NOT to love about Runaway Bride and Notting Hill and Pretty Woman?) Anyway, as I found myself thinking about Julia Roberts and this movie, my thought then drifted to my OWN story.

You know that story. The one that I want to write. About . . . me. I started to think about my life vs. the life of Elizabeth Gilbert's Eat Pray Love. I started to think that . . . quite honestly . . . I wouldn't have as exciting a story to tell as hers.

Then I started thinking about, once I write this not so exciting story . . . would it make a good movie? Well, since it's not so exciting, I don't know if it would make a good movie. Perhaps a TV show would be better.

Hmmm. . . there you go. A TV show. But, what kind of a TV show would it be? Well . . . I'm a Mom. So, I'm guessing it would be a good Mom kind of show. But, then . . . what kind of a Mom would I be?

So then, my mind travels to TV Moms. And which one I would be most like . . . if they made a TV show about my not so exciting story.

Am I Peg Bundy? While I LOVE her (and her hair), I don't think I'm quite the Peg Bundy Mom. June Cleaver? Well, while I applaud her excellent domestic skills, I'm definitely NOT her. How about Carol Brady? 6 KIDS???? HELL NO!!! (Sorry! It's just, I can barely handle the 2 that I have! Adding 4 more just about KILLS me!) Although, I do think I flipped my hair like hers last year!!!! So, the hair might have worked.What about the GREAT Marion Cunningham?? I LOVE her SPUNK! But, not me.Claire Huxtable? Is she not the BEST??? I don't think I am as clever as she in the come-backs! But how I wish I was! What about Caroline Ingalls? Now, this Mom just made EVERYTHING better. And she could handle it ALL! Nope . . . not me.

Well . . . I'm running out of options. The truth is . . . I think I know who I am. It's a little scary, and a tad embarassing. But, I guess I would have to be this mom . . .


No, that's not me . . . but close! ; ) It's Roseanne Conner. She's Real. Non-glamourous. Sometimes cranky. Runs a chaotic house. But . . . probably the closest Mom to me.

So . . . which TV Mom are YOU? I'd LOVE to know!!!

Comments

  1. Oh, I'd like to think of myself as June Cleaver but those high heels around the house are about as far as I can go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roseanne all the way baby!!
    Own it!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to tell you I did one of those silly facebook quizes a while ago and it said I was most like the mom from That 70's show. Something about being "pretty hip" HA! I'd say if you could smush the 2 together and a dash of Mrs. Ingalls that'd be me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am Debra Barone from Everybody Loves Raymond. Kinda nice, kinda #&$^ithchy, kinda nutty, kinda serious.... I see my life slowly becoming hers....:>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, so 2E is DEFINITELY a Debra Barone. Sis, I was thinking that you'd be like Frankie from The Middle (Patricia Heaton's lastest character/sit com.) It is really a funny show, and she does her best (and a great job) raising her kooky family, and while she thinks she is really organized, she really isn't. She really just flies by the seat of her pants. Still, she is the glue that keeps the bunch going. As for me -- well, one time I would have been Angela Bower from Who's The Boss (but not as glamorous). Now, I'm probably more like Rosanne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leanne this is such a fun post! I took one of those quizes once and it said I was Claire Huxtable and I think I must've lied on some of the answers cause I'm nowhere near as together as she is! In my mind I'd like to be somewhere between Samantha Stevens from Bewitched...cute, dotting, magical with an equally magical child and Peg Bundy...loud, wild and outrageous! Oh and I'm going to check out that book you mentioned too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roseanne!! For sure!!! I love this show by the way...watch it way too much:)

    Leanne, this post was FUN!

    I must get that book. I have heard wonderful things about it. Also...that is just cool we love the same tea:)

    Happy Weekend girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'd be a mix between Camille Braverman and Sara Braverman from Parenthood. I like how Camille just lets her kids lead there own lives, but is there if she's needed...but a clean house...nope...that's not me. I'm more like Sara when it comes to that... more chaos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there - love this post - you are too funny! Just wanted to drop a quick note to tell you that reading Eat Pray Love was THE book that steered me toward meditating. Can't wait to hear your final assessment of the book! :-)

    Oh, and I think I might be Peggy Hill :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!