Do you hear them?

Just a little inspiration for your soul today . . .


Last week, I sat at the kitchen table with Ella for a delightful afternoon of painting. I always feel kind of guilty when I start painting with the girls, because it seems within minutes of our adventure, I find myself lost in my own world . . . losing all sight of what they are doing. I feel bad about that . . . but it is almost as if the whisper in my own self takes over.

Last week, this painting poured out of me, with the help of 8 little crayola watercolor paints that I bought last fall for $1 and a plain piece of printer paper. Nothing fancy, no elaborate supplies or materials. Just me and my whispers.

Do you hear them? The whispers inside of you?

Stop.

Listen to them.

They have something to tell you . . .

Comments

  1. Oh my, that is so wonderful. You should have that copied and made into something. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful my friend. Thank you for sharing this. I need to listen a bit harder to that voice I think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne, you are so very talented! I am in awe...beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may think you get lost in your own creating, but you are teaching your girls...no, modeling for your girls, what it's like to lose yourself in creating. Such a good thing for them to experience. Your girls are so lucky! And you are such a good mom!
    Now...about those whispers **whispers** (ala Brick)... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really neat! :-) Should definitely be framed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that! Would love one framed above my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leanne, Do you have an Etsy shop? I was hoping this post was ending with where I could buy my own print! If you aren't selling those, I might have to make my own with the same words on it. (I'll attribute you!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sis - you should definitely frame this one! And I ditto Peggy's comment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely moments of inspiration both in this post and your last one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are one talented woman, full of inspiration!

    Love the green!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leanne... I LOVE this!! And I have missed you!! Oh so terribly! I was without internet for nearly a week...ugh!!:)

    Ok, like I said this painting is wonderful. Frame it! And I love that you paint with the girls. I love to create with my Emmie, too. And even though I end up in my own world I think that's okay:)

    Would you do me a favor?? I have your gifty and since I was without internet nearly a week...would you resend your addy?

    Love ya'

    Les

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!