The Life I was Meant to Live

The other night, as I did the rounds of turning off lights and checking locks on doors before making my way to bed, I  found myself in the midst of one of those rare quiet moments. This house of mine is usually one big chaotic mess . . . full of children (if not only my own, then other neighbors kids thrown in for fun), family, music, Wii games, phones ringing, giggle fests or popcorn popping sounds, you name it - it's usually going on in this home. But at 11:00 pm at night, all is still . . . quiet . . . and peaceful.

As I made my way from one lamp to another, I found myself really looking around at this place I call home and taking it all in. With my eyes traveling from one side of the fireplace mantel to the other, I was reminded of the blessing I have in my life; the roof over my head, the food on our table, the laughter of children filling my days, and the love of a very good man.
It all looks just as I always dreamed. It was as I stood there, looking around this very room where I have spent so many hours the past 10 years, it finally dawned on me . . .

. . . right in the corner were a pile of the kids toys. It was at this moment, seeing the pink princess kitchen peeking out at me, that I realized . . .  I am doing it. I am living the life I was meant to live. The life I've always dreamed of living. The life that I wished for when I was 10, 15, 20 years old. The life that I never thought I deserved, or that I never thought I'd attain. But, I did. I am here.

And it is wonderful.

It's better than wonderful.


It seems so elementary to realize that, duh . . . this is my life. But last night, it's as if a light bulb went off . . . my a-ha! moment. Not only that this is my life . . . but it truly is the life I always dreamed of. Sure, there are things I want to do in my life and places I want to see. There are goals or "ta-da's" that I hope to accomplish, of course. And I know that those things will come. They will. Right now, I am a wife and a mother, two roles in this world that I am not only most proud of but most grateful for. And two roles that I dreamed of.

Yes, I am blessed beyond words.

How do you feel? Do you think you are living the life you were meant to live? What is stopping you?

Comments

  1. You know, I had a similar feeling in my European trip last year. It was my first night in London, I looked at Big Ben and realized, "I'm here. I finally made it, all on my own". That feeling....is priceless.

    I'm working towards my life I want. But I believe I'm on the right path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cannoli! I published the same post! TODAY! I did! Well, my spin on "living the life you want" but close enough! By golly, Leanne! We are on the same wave length!

    Love, love, love the shamrocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne, I love how you stop to take in these little snapshots of your life and really appreciate what they mean to you. I think I would say yes I'm living the life I want, because I find myself being grateful for moments when I am simply blissfuly content. Like you there is more I would like to learn and accomplish but the simple act of finally living an artful life and having my family to love is a perfect life for me. Yay for light-bulb moments and thanks for a beautiful post!

    Anna♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post!! These are the kind that just fill my heart with happy! Can I just tell you how I felt the gratitude oozing from your words!?!
    I, too, am living the life I was meant to live. Boy does it feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very comforting to realize that the life you dreamed is the life you are living, is it not? Precious post...lovely home. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you are there. This was a lovely post. I really wish I felt that way again. Maybe someday. I have to get myself back there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leanne, I love the way you live intentionally!!! Such and encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen. Excellent reflection on what matters the most. You are blessed beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post!!!Im on my Path!!:O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet post...and on a side note...I totally love that you have a gingerbread house sitting out on the table! As for your question...no, I do not believe I am living the life I was supposed to...I made some extremely poor choices and got off the path that God had for me...and now, I am reaping the consequences of those poor choices. But, because I get a little stronger and smarter each day, I do believe that I am making my way through the briars back to the path that leads to right living. It's a hard way to get there, but I'll get there someday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!