A Letter

Dear Sunday Driver,

It was Wednesday . . . what the heck were you doing out yesterday?

Ok, let me start over. That wasn't very nice, was it? I apologize.

Greetings, dear Sunday driver. I hope this letter finds you doing well after hibernating this winter. My, how brave you were to head out of the house yesterday. I was so surprised to see you on the road.

Although, I must tell you . . . I wasn't happy that you pulled out in front of me on the main road from my home . . . the one with the 45 mph speed limit. You do see that there is a 4 and a 5 on that speed limit sign, don't you? It's not a 3 and a 0. It's 4 and a 5. When you put them together . . . that's 45. And wow . . . when I am traveling at that speed, having your lovely Buick pull out in front of me going 30 is NOT FUN.

But how lovely to follow you on that l.o.n.g. trek of road this morning. I must say - your car is looking lovely. Surely you have kept up with it well and haven't had it out of the garage often this winter. It really is in mint condition, without as much as a spec of salt on it. The color gray suits you well, and matches your hat. What a fashionista you are.

No worries that I was going to Ella's Ballet class. No worries that I was on time when I left my house, but that following you ALL THE WAY almost made me late. No worries. But, you really should be careful when turning corners . . . you almost clipped that FedEx truck coming from the other direction. Although, when you are driving a boat, I guess you must make extra wide turns. I think they have signs for your car that you should consider purchasing. Perhaps this one at the right.  Hey, why don't you leave me your address . . . I'd be happy to pick one up for you! Really . . . I don't mind AT ALL!

I have to admit, when you turned down MY road (blog reader - you know, THE road ... THE sanctuary road on my daily journey that I have written about here and here.) ... when you turned down MY road, I felt rather upset that I would be forced to travel at Sunday driver speed and would be unable to enjoy the moments of peace on my road.

But, I must tell you . . . I think there was a reason you pulled out in front of my car yesterday. Not only because you had to go to the post office (which, of course, is the only reason a Sunday driver would be out on a Wednesday) . . . but because the Big Man upstairs probably realized that I needed to s...l...o...w...down just a little bit. Yes, in the middle of a hectic afternoon with a million and one things to do and a million and one places to visit . . . you, my dear Sunday driver friend, pulled out in front of me and forced me to stop. To look around at life. To reflect. To slow down.

Ok. I get it now.

So, with that, I end this letter with a note of thanks to you, dear Sunday driver.

Thank you for venturing out into the world yesterday. I think I needed that.

I may still pick up that yellow sign for you, if you don't mind. Just to warn others who may come in contact with you that they should slow down, too. See you on Sunday.

With much respect and thank,
Leanne

Comments

  1. I Looved this letter and had to share on fb. Everything happens for a reason. We all need to slow down and just reflect often but we all sometimes find ourselves too busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any old man wearing a hat (no matter what the weather is) is like having a neon sign on top of his car, arrow pointing down to him, the driver, warning for other drivers to watch out! Love this letter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it!!!:O) Love the way you write:O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angels, angels everywhere!!
    But somehow I knew as soon as I read Buick, I knew so very much about the driver!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant twist! I love, "because the Big Man upstairs probably realized that I needed to s...l...o...w...down just a little bit."

    Sometimes, He uses us to send each other messages. Props to you for recognizing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MANY giggles! Would love to write such a thing concerning drivers who have no respect for red lights, cross walks and pedestrians...really getting tired of nearly being killed several times in an one hour time span!Thrill is gone for me on that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. god has a way of slowing us down, doesn't he?! great post leanne...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes we need a little annoyance to make us see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you can see the positive in a frustrating situation AND make me laugh when you retell it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!