My Daily Journey - Part III

I've been thinking a great deal about my Word for 2011,  putting much more time and thought into it than I ever have in previous years. You remember ... this is THE word by which I hope to focus much of my life on during 2011. THE word to help me live an enriched and rewarding year, and will remind me to make good use of this life of mine for the 365 days in 2011.

But somewhere along the search for THE word, I became rather confused. 

So, I called upon my spiritual advisors for some help. I feel quite blessed to have a number of spiritual advisors in my life. One is the Big Man upstairs (and, no ... I'm not talking about Santa. Or PG.) Anyway, I shared a few of my thoughts with the Big Man on my ride to work yesterday. While doing that, I took a photo of that daily journey road that I've shared with you before. Here is my peaceful route as it greeted me yesterday. . .


Crisp. Quiet. Calm. A beautiful moment with plenty of time to reflect and contemplate. Just the Big Man and me.  However, at the end of the road I was no closer to deciding on my Word, than I was at the start of the trip. I felt at peace, but still couldn't make a decision.

You see, I have it narrowed down to two words. One is a plan for the "now", while the other is a plan for the "tomorrow". 

So, last evening, I emailed one of my other spiritual advisors (my dear friend, PK) and asked for her input. Without telling her my words, I asked for any insight she could offer to help me with my decision. And being the dearest friend she is, she replied with exactly what I needed. She said,

"As I read your email, the first thing that came to mind was this expression: “Live for today and tomorrow will take care of itself.” I think living in the now, focusing on the now, gives you a richer life experience. I strongly believe that when you focus on tomorrow, you miss so much of what the Universe (God) is putting in front of you AND you run the risk of putting more on your plate than you need, thereby causing more stress in your life. My vote: Focus on the NOW!"

So there you have it. With a little help from a quiet ride, and an email to a friend, I have decided on my Word for 2011.

Oh, but I can't tell you what it is, yet. We still have much Christmas joy and holiday stories to share.

Come back closer to New Years, and I'll share my word at that time.

But, how about you? Have you decided to give it a go? Have you picked YOUR word? Leave me a comment . . . I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. Well I can tell you that my word for the end of 2010 is...
    Peace.
    Oh and content.
    It has been a difficult year for me, but I've grown so much because of all of it. And as I sit here typing, I'm actually thankful that I experienced all these trials.
    Today...I'm at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking but I haven't come up with it yet. But I will!! My word from 2010 has been POSSIBILITIES. I think I have lived up to this word for sure!!

    I am off the computer all weekend. Just wanted to stop by today and tell you how fabulous you are and how I am sooo happy to have you in my life. I have said it before but I will say it again...even though we have never met you are one of those people I would help in a minute!! If you called me said Les, I am having this problem...I would be there.

    Your words inspire and lift me up and I am grateful for you!!!!

    Much love,
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummm. First of all, let me say how beautiful that picture is!!!!


    A word for 2010. What a great idea. I'm going to have to think about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm -- I think the word I will choose is "silence." It fits my world very well right now. I want to appreciate it and seek it -- not just externally, but within my own mind, to still that constantly chattering voice of self-criticism, fear, and regret. I also want to remember that I don't have to comment on everything or to express my opinion, that the greatest gift I can give may be a listening ear and an open heart. Thank you! Annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. a word that is ever before me as of late is "listen"...when i come before God in prayer, i tend to do a lot of talking!!!! i need to practice listening...that's my word.
    merry christmas to you leanne...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo and so appropriate for this blog! As for your word...is it possible you are over thinking it just a tad? Could it be just as simple as "LIVE"? It matters not whether you are living for today or tomorrow...as long as you live. Tomorrow is guaranteed to no one, it could be gone in an instant...so I say...Live life to the fullest...live out loud...live, live, live...
    :-)Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thanks for the shout out!! I do have my word...I, too, will share it down the road a bit!! Hugs, LW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally found my word. I was also thinking about living in the now or today or something like that. But I realized that I often lack strength to do what I want to do - physically or emotionally. So my word for 2011 is

    STRENGTH

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for sharing this. I never thought of having a word for the year. it sounds like an awesome plan, and something I'm truly going to think on. I'd like it to be Joy as this year has truly been the worst and most saddening of my whole existence, but how do you focus on the word and achieve it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're such a tease!

    I think I would need a word for each person in the house, plus the dog. Is that allowed?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never actually picked a word for the year. I'd have to give it some thought.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've enjoyed visiting yours.

    Isn't LBS great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!