It STILL is a Wonderful Life!

PG and I have a little difference of opinions.

But don’t worry . . . he knows nothing about it.

Kind of like that time when I went on strike. You remember, don’t you? The big "Strike of 2010" (when I wasn’t doing laundry and dishes AT ALL, but he had no idea I was on Strike. I wrote about it here.)

Yes, it’s kind of like that.

You see, I like to spend the days and weeks leading up to the holidays surrounded 100% in total holiday joy. Which means; we watch holiday movies, we sing holiday songs, we eat holiday foods, we wear holiday socks.

PG, on the other hand, does it a little differently. PG watches the Alien Trilogy, Modern Family, or outrageously silly Comedy Central shows. Now, while all of these maybe be perfectly fine (Modern Family is a great show), I just can’t seem to bring myself to do it. I cannot spend a single December day or evening watching . . . Alien Trilogy (or any of the others . . . except maybe Modern Family).

I can’t.

It’s just not right.

When there is a Rudolph and a Frosty waiting? And a “Buddy the Elf”? And George Bailey? I mean . . . I’m sorry. . . I can’t. And on the music front . . . listen, I am a Beatles fan. But just because they have a “White Album” . . . it’s NOT a Christmas album – OK? It’s not. And I will NOT do it! (Until January 2nd, 2011.)

So, sweetheart, (this is you, PG), I love you like CRAZY, but I cannot do Alien Trilogy or Real Genius or anything else like that . . . until the New Year, OK? And since I know you don’t regularly follow my blog . . .by the time you read this (which I anticipate will be some time in February, 2011), we’ll be so far past this recent “difference” that you won’t even know what I’m writing about!

Merry Merry Christmas, Friends!! It STILL is a Wonderful Life!

Fa la la la laaaaaa la la la la!

Comments

  1. I know EXACTLY what you mean!

    Every day in December I would watch a movie with Christmas in it. It wouldn't have to be about Christmas, just have a Christmas celebration in it. Like "while you were sleeping", "castaway" or "sleepless in seattle".

    (I used to have a calendar with all the movies listed on it but I lost it when my computer crashed, so I'm starting all over again.)

    It's a great way to relax in the craziness of the season and - as you said - get into the joyful spirit of Christmas.

    Hope yours is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha nice! Men tend to be a bit clueless to our womanly quirks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, Sis, the only thing you forgot to include in this post is that when I asked Ellie if she wanted to watch "Rudolph" when I was babysitting her last week, she replied, "No, I want to watch an Alien movie!" Yes, Ellie, age 3 (almost 4)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom used to have a tradition when he spent Christmas alone (no girlfriend, daughter with her mom) of watching "Blue Velvet" on Christmas day. "Blue Velvet"?!?!?! Ack!!! I can't do the holiday songs as early as Hallowe'en, but you've GOTTA watch the movies, play the tunes, wear the socks and sweatshirts and earrings, and immerse yourself in it. It's only once a year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do find that as I'm wrapping and making things, I have the tunes going or I'm scanning Xfinity to see what holiday movies are on!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny. I love how you go on strike and he doesn't know. Only a man would miss that. But that is how the world still goes round...

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA!! LOVE IT! Not sure if you stopped back by the fan page so I wanted to tell you Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is totally great! Love it! Hugs to you & wishing you a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!