Random Thinking Moments of “Is It Me-isms”

Tuesday I shared some of my very favorite Christmas albums, with the sidebar that I absolutely adore the men listed. While I still stand by my claims of vocal bliss, I was called on the carpet by a dear blogfriend over at A Belle, A Bean & A Chicago Dog Yes, Liz down right crushed my first two selections (poor Josh and JT.)  This has me . . . bothered.

You see, I adore Liz. I mean . . . what's not to love about her? An original Chicago girl from my neck of the woods, she is a super funny lady who is raising 2 little girlies just like me, and in the middle of it all has built an amazing blog empire (yes, EMPIRE!). In addition to that, her hubby is one mean cake decorater! Come on! She's the tops.

But, as worries of her un-subscribing have kept me up at night (ok . . . not totally true. . . I threw it in for dramatic effect), I started to think about it further. I mean . . . James Taylor? COME ON!!! How could she NOT adore this man???

So, I began to wonder . . . is it . . . me? Then, in my "Random Thinking Moment" mind (it's been a while since I've done that, hasn't it?), my thoughts traveled from Christmas Carols to other day to day events that have me wondering . . . perhaps it IS me. Perhaps JT is not all that I crack him up to be. Hmmm . . .

So, allow me, if you will, to share some more "Is it Me-isms", in honor of Mr. James Taylor himself.
  1. Is it me, or do you sometimes feel like you are the only sane person surrounded by a bunch of nutballs?
  2. Is it me, or is snow so much prettier to look at than to drive in?
  3. Is it me, or do you wait until the very last minute to use the restroom, too?
  4. Is it me, or does it seems that the freight train will ALWAYS come when you are running late for something important (like, picking the kids up from school)?
  5. Is it me, or do only my children have a “potty dance” when they really have to go – but don’t want to stop what they are doing?
  6. Is it me, or do the winters seem so much colder as you age, than they did when we were kids?
  7. Is it me, or does red wine give you hot flashes, too?
  8. Is it me, or are the people who smoke AND fill up their gas tanks at the same time completely and totally DUMB??
I have many more of these "Is It Me-Isms", but I'll leave those for another day. If you have any to share - leave me a comment with your very own "Is It Me-ism". I'd love to know.

Comments

  1. OMG. I cannot even believe what I'm reading. For a variety of reasons! HAHAHAHA!!!

    I don't know that even a professed (and in my opinion, strange) love for James Taylor could ever break our South Side love. :)

    Don't lose anymore sleep my dear, and your words are TOO kind!

    Love ya, Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, it is NOT you with all items on your list, except for #7. Yes, you are the only one I know who gets hot flashes while drinking red wine. And every time I ask you (as you are flashing and fanning yourself) why you drink it, you always say, "Because I love it!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. The smoking gas comment reminded me of zoolander.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to all of them...even J.T. I think he's da' bomb!! Liz has it all wrong! We love you, Liz!!

    I can't relate to the red wine thing! I hate it so I don't drink it...but maybe if I did I'd get hot flashes?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it me, or do you seem like the second coming of Erma Bombeck?? You crack me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Julie, I don't drink red wine either, but if you try chocolate wine, which is made with red wine, you might quickly change your mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cute my friend! I hear you! The cell phone at the gas station is also not a smart thing. I have been so busy and have been waiting to go to the bathroom at the last minute also. I hope you are doing great! have a good night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK - see Leanne - I really believe you have the flavor - but in your own right your are a different "fruit" or is that "nut" . . . loved your blog today . . .

    (If life is a bowl of Cherries what am I doing in the pits! - my late but always treasured Erma Bombeck)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought No.3 was just 'me'! Great to see other people have these "is it me" lists - can particularly relate to the snow one today.

    P.S. Stopping by from the Lady Bloggers Society - your blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!