What's Next?

How funny . . .

December 10th. There must be something happening in the universe that pulls me on this very day. Something that calls to me, and has me thinking about tomorrow. Something that has me planning. Re-focusing. For it was one year ago TODAY that I wrote my post on my Word for 2010 (click here to see that post.) One year ago, on this VERY DAY, I sat thinking about the direction I wanted my life to go in the new year. This VERY day.

How funny . . .

Today I woke up with these very same thoughts. As 2010 comes to a close (at record speeds, it feels like), I am thinking about the year that was and the year that will be.  If you've been around at all this past year, you may remember that my word for 2010 was "CREATE". And as I reflect on the journey of the past 12 months, I have to say that I am pleased with where I've been. It's been a great year of CREATING. From art to crafts, from relationships to memories, the thought of my word carried a strong presence in all that I did.

I really love this whole "Word of the Year" idea. It has helped me focus on areas in my life that I really wanted to take notice of. It has helped me be a better me. And the words have carried on, each staying with me long after the New Year. That's a really good thing.

Here is a list of the words I've brought into my life since starting this whole way of thinking:
2008 - Peace
2009 - Balance
2010 - Create

And as usual . . . I'm thinking ahead. Where do I want to go in 2011? Oh, the possibilities . . . have you thought about it at all? Join me. . . where do we want to go in the New Year? What do we hope to accomplish? What do we want to focus on? How to we wish to spend our days? What kind of people do we want to be?

I haven't quite made my selection yet (there are so many great ones out there, don't you think?) But here are just a few of the words I am thinking of (maybe one will work for you):

If you commit to the New Year by way of a simple little WORD, I promise you that you will find yourself going out of your way to live by it. You'll find yourself focusing on it daily, and trying to bring that word more into your life throughout the year. Take some time for yourself, and consider choosing a word for YOUR year. If you care to share in the comments, I'd love to know what your dreams are for 2011 . . .

Comments

  1. Wha a lovely sentiment! Love it. Can't wait to see what you choose. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of my word, too. I'm settled on it, I think and will be sharing soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great reminder...I do have a vague memory of writing a blog post on picking a word....and then I never did!! I think I shall this year!! I'll let you know when I do!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've picked mine. I've been thinking about it for a while and it's ready. Wanna hear it? Is it too early? I think not. JOYFUL. I'm going to live the most joyful life the world's ever seen! I can't wait to get started! Joy on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all - I LOVE LOVE LOVE your header.

    Second, what a lovely idea. I think a couple of years back, my word was Passion. Then it became Peace. I think this next year.. I might need to look into authentic.. or power.. or something. You have given me a LOT to think about. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wondering if I can combine the sentiments of my 2009 word (GRATITUDE - which was exactly what I needed at the time), with something new! I shall ponder!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I seem to have arrived here via The Lady Bloggers where I was reading some comments. I absolutely loved this post. I would like to think 2010 was my year of 'change' and 2011 will bring 'harmony'.
    I have added myself as your newest follower on GFC .
    I'm off to browse around your fab blog now. Please drop by and maybe follow me if you fancy a laugh. I'd be delighted welcome you.
    Warmest wishes
    Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i kind of do the same thing every year too
    like you, i am kind of still thinking too
    i think it is going to be more a whole sentence this time, te-hee!!!
    inspire us please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone commented on my blog about that today. My word for 2011, hmm... it might end up being "experience."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for this post. I'm definitely going to work on choosing a word. I think what will make it difficult for me to choose a word is the fact that i'll keep asking my self if it's doable instead of choosing a word and just making it my goal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!