SIgned, Sealed and Delivered

Yes, our Christmas wishes are well on their way to the North Pole, as Katie and Ella signed their letters to Santa and dropped them in the mail this week!

I absolutely love letters to Santa . . . it's probably one of the sweetest moments in the weeks leading up to Christmas. The whole "Santa thing" is really so magical, isn't it? Next year, I fear our Katie will be asking some serious questions about the whole Mr. C. and gift exchange routine as she has already been told by a few classmates that Santa isn't real. She came home from school a few weeks ago and said, "Mom, a boy at school told me that Santa wasn't real."  I thought that the time had come ALREADY . . . and cautiously asked for her reply to him. She reenacted the moment word for word, "I told him, 'Yeah, right . . . (role of the eye) . . . like my parents are REALLY going to climb down the chimney to leave me presents. I don't think so.' Boys are so silly, Mom."

I love her.

I decided to help them out a bit and type their letters as they dictated to me verbatim. Ella's letter is a hoot, as she really decided to go off on a bit of a tangent and get into the whole "elf" thing. So funny. . .

The DVD player for the car is something that PG and I spoke about purchasing a month or so ago. Katie remembered that we wanted it and thought she'd help us out by asking Santa for it. (I told her to add the "if you can" into her note, because that really wasn't on her wish list - just mine. I heard that Santa will be bringing that as a big family gift for all of us, since he braved the Black Friday crowds and picked one up at Target!! LOVE that Santa!!!)

Today is Christmas cookie baking, and we have three (possibly four) cookies on the list to complete. I'll share photos with you tomorrow . . . because I have to say, I have brought * * * CRAZY * * * to a whole NEW level today. We're talking, Christmas earrings, socks AND headband. Yep, sometimes we must forego fashion for a little holiday spirit!!

Happy Sunday to all of you, dear friends. I hope you have a little Christmas Magic in your weekend, too.

Comments

  1. I love Santa letters! Those definitely look scrappable, Leanne!!
    The innocence of the season is just so sweet!
    Happy baking! If you'd like to ship a batch, I can send you my address, since I'm sure you don't have it readily available! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the Xmas magic :) Hi~ I am your newest follower from the LBSTP & would love it if you stopped by and returned the love :)

    http://waveoflifesurfstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Santa!

    I was glad my boys never confronted me on the subject. As they got older, they started leaving Santa gifts for my husband and I.

    When they got way older my husband would recruit them to set out my gift after we would go to bed.

    It's been fun for us, they are all in their 20's and Santa still comes!

    I love the girls letters, I hope the magic of Santa stays with them!

    Merry Christmas Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What precious keepsakes for Ella and Katie! I don't want to tell you how my darling Emmi found out about Santa...it was heartbreaking and she still talks about it:(

    We LOVE and adore Santa in our home and keep the Spirit alive. I can't wait to see your Holiday outfit! I am imagining it in my mind;)

    If I don't see you later in the week, Leanne...have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!! You are amazing!!!

    Love,
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute :) Hope Santa still brings them magic for years to come...
    Happy Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww... my kids aren't quite old enough to be writing letters yet, but it sure would be fun! I ran across this article at Parenting this year, and I'll definitely be following this mom's example when my little ones start asking about Santa... I love that she turned "finding out about Santa" into a GREAT experience for her daughter! :)
    http://www.parenting.com/new/blogs/parenting-post/daring-young-mom/magic-makers-coming-age-story-0

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE our car DVD player! Now you have to plan all sorts of road trips!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!