Lessons learned on a Saturday Afternoon in December

There is no such thing as a "really quick game of Monopoly."

Playing said "really quick game of Monopoly" with a 3 year old, can turn it into an even LONGER game of Monopoly.

Offering the 3 year old a cup of tea while playing the game can turn it into an even LONGER version of the LONG "really quick game of Monopoly", because she must stop at take a sip of the tea at the exact moment it is her turn to role the dice.


You may find that money just "appears" in front of you, when playing with a 3 year old, because all she really wants to do is give you things she has collected while playing. I mean, who needs these papers anyway?

But there is no other place I would rather be than right here . . . on a cold, blizzardy day . . . than picking up dice and moving spaces with my family.


Yes, Life is Good.

Comments

  1. I love playing Monopoly, but only when there's no reason to hurry! It takes FOREVER, and my son has loved it for years. We wait for rainy Sundays when there's nothing else going on. And even then....it just never ends!

    So cute about the tea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blizzardy? Yikes-a-roni!

    Looks like you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, my boys would do Monopoly marathons, the memories!!

    Nothing like staying in on a bizzardy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Monopoly is a fav here at the Treasure household!! I have a friend who's family will "Take a break" from the game. They get zip lock bags and gather up everyone's stuff and write their names on the bags. That way they can pick up where they left off whenever they want! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have many fond memories of playing Monopoly... but always with my cousins - never my parents. Hmmm. I wonder why?
    We are always in such a hurry, aren't we? Oh, to be children again with nothing to do but sip tea and give away Monopoly money. Glad you're enjoying the moment(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice...Oh the lessons we can learn from our little ones!!
    EB's tea sipping lesson...take the time to enjoy the calmer moments!!
    Your girls will never forget these "moving spaces" moments! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it's the simplestof things that make us feel warm and fuzzy inside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smiling here! This is how happy memories are made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my daughter she was probably about the age but she was a cheater, can you believe it? so that was my lesson then nowadays she is a clean player but still fights to make sure she wins
    oh well!
    happy weekend sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!