December Daily 2010 . . . here we come!

Yes, it's that time of year, my friends! Time for keeping up with our month of holiday celebrations and fun by way of the December Daily scrapbook. (Non-scrapbook friends, please allow me to indulge in my scrapbook side by sharing my latest and greatest creative project.)

So, last year I made our family's very first "December Daily" album . . . you may remember the posts here or here.  What is a December Daily scrapbook? Well, it's a count down of the days and activities leading up to what I feel is the very best holiday of all, Christmas. The idea, taken from scrapbook extraordinaire Ali Edwards, has been a very favorite of mine. Here is a little glimpse of what I've got for this year, so far:

The cover (above). I decided to go a little more tradition this year, and used an very simple 8 inch x 8 inch American Craft 2-Ring binder/scrapbook. LOVE how it turned out. Very simple. Simple really is the whole idea this year.
The first page on the inside . . . the title page. I found a pack of K&Company paper that "spoke to me" and I will be using it through the whole project. I also decided to hand write all my journaling . . . so it's truly a part of me.
December 1 - most of the pages are 8 x 8, however I did throw a couple 6 x 6 inserts here or there, just to make it a little interesting.
December 2 - Time to make our Christmas cards. Ella and Katie helped me with some really great card kits this year . . . so easy.
December 3 - A shot of Ella's tree, and a reminder of Christmas shopping at Michaels. LOVE Michaels!


Love the little foil numbers I found to use for all 25 days . . . they just scream festive jolly times!!! (Or, maybe that's me singing Christmas songs when using them. I get confused!)
A picture of what's to come . . . lots and lots of pages waiting to capture our holiday adventures and activities!

This has really turned into one of my most fun December Traditions.

Anything you are doing this December on the craft front? Leave me a comment and let me know . . . I'd love to hear about it!

Comments

  1. It's beautiful, Leanne. I'm the kind of scrapper who "gathers materials" and then never completes an album. It's so embarassing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this idea!!!! I'm the same as Julie
    :( Really need to work on that in 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw - that's pretty cool! Really neat idea. However, I think pics of me driving to work, or laying on the bed watching Netflix would be very intersting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say would NOT be very interesting. hahahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're album looks fabulous so far! Love the colours and the design. I can't wait to see more! And thank you for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thats amazing & your handwriting is awesome! I'm not crafty at all! I made a centerpiece of extra Christmas tree branches and red & green ornaments in a glass bowl. Does that count? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh honey, you are going to inspire me to get started on my SB project yet...Love the book! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...so so pretty! And your handwriting is beautiful! I used to be really big into scrapbooking many moons ago. Almost became a Creative Memories consultant, but chickened out! My kids still pull out their rather incomplete scrapbooks and look at them. They are truly treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in scrapbooking awe! I wish I could browse through all of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leanne! These are wonderful! Your creativity really comes out here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since the snow fell, we quickly realized the kids outgrew their hats....So...today I am conquering sewing them new fleece hats! I got some super cute fabric at JoAnn's and I'm so excited to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you literally are the queen of christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your December Daily last year and I love it this year!!! You are fabulous!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your scrapbooking skills leave me feeling inferior, worthless, and inadequate...
    I am now bowing at your feet...can you see me? Well, I totally am.

    ReplyDelete
  15. *love* This is darling!! I wish I was that creative! I've done some candy making and I've even made a few ornaments (pictures to come soon!), but nothing this awesome!! So cool, I love it! (by the way, stop by, I'm hosting a give away starting tomorrow!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!