A Gift Idea that you've just GOT to see!

Just a quick little post today, dear friends, with a simple gift-giving idea for the little girls in your life. Even more important (during these financially challenged days), is that the gift is COMPLETELY and TOTALLY inexpensive! (But the young girls in your life will LOVE it!)

You may remember this past summer when Katie got her ears pierced (for her 7th Birthday). The whole "earring" thing has been quite an exciting addition to her life. I, on the other had, was going crazy trying to help her keep her earrings together in her little drawer jewelry box. After an unsuccessful search trying to find an easy little girl container for her to use (that's the key here), I knew I had to come up with some way to contain Katie's new jewels.

My sister came up with an idea to put holes in some sort of box. I started with that thought . . . and went with it. A little field trip to my handy dandy Michaels Craft Store was all I needed. I found these really cool plastic boxes in different sizes and colors, ranging in price from $1 to $3 dollars.


Then, with a little paper poker scrapbook tool, I poked holes through the cover of the box.


Enter - a little black sharpie marker and some doodles here and there, and you've got a great earring holder. Here is Katie's finished box  . . .

My dear friend, Kathleen (who always supports my million dollar ideas), asked me to make a few of them for her to give as Christmas gifts. So, here is the stack of what I just finished for her . . .

She is going to fill them with little pairs of earrings and lots of other goodies that little girls would LOVE to receive!

So, there you have it friends! A quick and easy little gift idea - from me to you! Enjoy! And if you think you can't do this . . . I'll tell you . . . YOU CAN!!! It was THAT EASY! But don't tell my friend, Kathleen! I don't want her to know that it's so easy she could have done them herself!!! ;)

Comments

  1. AWWEESOME!! This would be a terrific idea for my daughter. Thanks for the great tip!


    Stop by to enter some great low entry giveaways:
    http://www.mom-a-logues.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! It totally brings me back to when I first got my ears pierced. I had so many cute little earrings. My favorite were a pair of red lips!!

    I wish I could "doodle" like you! If I tried to hand write the name on the box it would totally ruin it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect gift for little girls!! My nieces will love it! Guess what each of them will be getting for their birthdays next year?!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling idea!!!!! I love it!

    You could also give a girl (older girl, of course!) a copy of The Rebel Housewife Rules :) Shamless plug: I'm giving away a copy on my blog, so stop by before Friday and leave a comment with your favorite holiday tradition to enter the drawing! :)

    Shamless plug over.

    I so totally love that idea... you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I'm starting my Saturday Favs back up again where I post my favorite posts of the week...this will be on it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That idea is so simple but so awesome! Thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leanne - that's a really cool idea!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Clever...clever sister!!! Talent throughout the family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute and clever!! They are absolutely going to love this. You are so creative. Have a wonderful day!

    Love,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! The larger, dangly earring can go inside, and the smaller ones outside - my nieces are ten and eight, perfect for a gift like this. Thanks so much for passing on a wonderful idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a genius! You should do a giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You crafty little thing you...so darling!! I love this idea:)

    Thank you for stopping by the other day. My headache is gone for today...Hooray! No neck pain either. It will be a marvelous day for sure.

    We are scrapping this weekend. Wishing you, Peggy and Cyndi were, too with us!!

    Love to you...
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!