Ah, well. . . whatcha gonna do . . .

Well . . . yesterday, my beloved PG who I wrote so endearlingly about, was . . . mad at me.

I KNOW!!!

My mother-in-law warned me, though. She said, "You know, you wrote such a nice post about him on Monday that he is making up for it now." I told her that he doesn't even read my blog, so that can't be it. She said, "Doesn't matter. You put it out there in the universe, and now it backfired." I TOTALLY get that.

Augh.

I don't even understand why he got so frustrated with me.

Well . . . ok, maybe it had something to do with the fact that he decided to take yesterday off of work and get some rest at home, and I just happened to ask him to go and pick up my licensce plate vehicle sticker. Yes, I know . . . it expires TODAY, and yes, I know . . . .I waited to the very last minute. But when I got the notice in the mail, I put it on the clip on the SIDE of the fridge, and just completely FORGOT about it (should have put it on the FRONT of the fridge.) Maybe that has something to do with why he was angry with me.

Or . . . do you know that if your car needs an emissions test, they won't give you a vehicle sticker? I didn't know that, either!! You see, when I got that notice in the mail, I put it on with the same clip for the vehicle sticker (again, on the SIDE of the fridge!) Well, maybe his frustration had something to do with the fact that maybe when he went to the Currency Exchange he couldn't get the sticker because I needed an emissions test. So, they turned him away. Mind you, my sticker expires (gulp), today. So, my dear PG had to take my car for an emissions test.

Or . . . it has to do with the fact that before he was to leave for the emissions test, I kind of mentioned that I was about 350 miles OVER my oil change and that perhaps he should consider getting the oil changed BEFORE the emissions test. Yes, that might have something to do with why he was so mad.

Or . . . maybe it is because he had to do all of this with a non-cooperative toddler. Hey, I've been there. It's not fun. . . .

But, I don't get it. I mean . . . this is life, right? And it's not like I've been sitting eating bon bons every day, right? He's been out of town for work . . . and I work . . . and our children are ALIVE and HAPPY. I mean, not to toot my own horn - but I'm kind of in the mind set that if the kids are ALIVE - then that is pretty much all that really matters.

Hmmmmm . . .

So, he called me at my work, in the midst of this whole debacle - not too happy with the fact that I: 1) haven't gotten the oil changed, 2)haven't taken the car for the emissions and 3)waited so long to get the vehicle sticker.

Ah, well. I guess that proves that even Cinderella and her Prince have a bad day every once in a while.

On the flip side . . . I got my hair cut last week, and I have to tell you - I'm LOVING my new cut. It's fun and easy and edgy and ME. So, in the midst of all of his crankiness yesterday. . . I was having a GREAT HAIR DAY!!! I mean, come on! THIS is LIFE.

THIS is chaos . . . and happiness . . . and I'm LOVING it!!!!! Hmmmm . . .I wonder if any of my girls friends want to meet me for a glass of WINE tonight. Looks like I have to make some calls! ; )

Comments

  1. Good to know I"m not the only one to forget things like this...

    I want to see the edgy hair, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if the hair looks good then do these other things really matter? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leanne! I'm glad You got to laugh after all that! I'll be over for wine and I love the do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bossy Betty's right....when you have a good hair day, all is right in the world!! As far as gettin' bit in the butt when you do/say something nice...I don't buy that. What you put out in the universe is what comes back at you. So overall, the guy is mad ABOUT you, not mad AT you!!! Love that PG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new hair do will always make a girl feel better! I'm a short hair fan myself! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! I love it! It's real life! Post the new hair do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for all of your support, everyone!!!! I'm out of the dog house (for now!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!