It's a Miracle!

Tonight I realized that my Katherine actually is listening to me. Well, sort of.


As part of my 2010 "TaDa" List, I've been trying to teach my girls more about our religion. Kate is enrolled in Religious Education at our church, and I've been talking more and more about my beliefs and how I see religion fit into place in my life. She asks few questions, and just listens to what I say. And sometimes I wonder if she gets it. Religion is hard to comprehend for her very logical mind. But, I'm trying.

Tonight we took the girls out for dinner . . . a pretty special thing to do, since we really don't go out to eat very often.

Katie was especially talkative during dinner. She tells stories like her Daddy (LONG stories) and just when you think she is finished and winding it down, she'll continue with an even longer chapter of story to tell you. She was on a roll tonight, talking about her day at school and this and that. Recess. Lunch. Art class. On and on.

All of a sudden, she said something about a particular teacher at school. She said, "Mom, you know how this teacher is sometimes . . . mean?" I nodded my head, as I remember her mentioning something to me about this particular substitute once before.


"Well, Mom . . . you wouldn't believe it. It was a miracle! Today, the mean teacher was gone, and our really really nice teacher was back!"


So there you have it. A miracle. All in the eyes of a six-year old.

Comments

  1. LOL!! My darling, sweet daughter tells very long stories, too. Love them though!!:)

    Aren't miracles the BEST?

    Happy Friday, Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embrace the long stories. There will come a time when she's not so chatty and you will miss them!! Gotta love that it's the simple things in life are miracles, eh? Guess that's what gratitude is all about. Enjoying and being grateful for the simple miracles!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!