Idol:Unplugged


I am bummmmmmed!!!! For REAL! (Ok, before I begin, let me tell you that in the reality of it . . . this post is NOT a big deal. I totally get that - For REAL! Allow me, if you will, to tell you anyway . . . that . . .)

I . . . AM . . . BUMMMMMMED!

Because just about 50 minutes ago, my DVR/HDTV CABLE BOX BROKE.

And American Idol started about 44 minutes ago.

And I can't watch it.

BUMMER!!!!!

Because, you see, I really enjoy Idol. I think I might secretly LOVE Idol. For REAL.
Because . . . somewhere deep inside I believe that if Idol was on about 20 years ago (yes . . . I actually said 20 years ago), if it was on 20 years ago . . . I think I would have auditioned for it. And I am confident (in my oh-so "not" confident way) that I would have been selected for the top 24. And then I would have made it to the top 20. Then the top 10. And I would have had extensions put in my hair and I would have had pretty nails and I would have sung something like, "Me and Bobby McGee" (because I really am a throw back from the hippy era) and I would have been a HUGE success. I may not have WON the competition, but I would have come darn close. For REAL.

Yes, I LOVE Idol.

But tonight . . . I am Idol-less.

And I am bummed.

*sigh*

But, come to think of it. . . . maybe it's ok. You see, if Idol WAS on 20 years ago, and if all of that above took place . . . then I wouldn't be here today.

I wouldn't be HERE . . . getting ready to change Ella's pull-up (yes, she's still wearing them), and fixing Katie a snack, and putting Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on the DVD and snuggling down on the couch with my two favorite girls. And you know what? All of THAT totally "trumps" Idol.

So I guess that's ok. Being Idol-less is just fine every once in a while.

Now THAT is for REAL.

Comments

  1. Oh My Gosh!....This IS a big deal! I love Idol! I would be scanning Youtube this morning for performances! You didn't miss too much, other than a great performance by my fav. girl,Crystal, doing Tracy Chapman..... You gotta catch that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, Crystal doing Tracy?? GENIUS!

    Leanne, I loved this post because I can SO RELATE! My whole family is Idol crazy. We have been to 3 concerts and have been up close and personal with Fantasia, George Huff and my favorite Idol of all time-BO BICE!! I hot to see him twice...oh, my he even pointed at me, winked and sang a wee bit of the song to ME! *sigh*.

    Okay...anyway, having the DVR break is like my WORST Idol nightmare as we are never home when Idol is actually on. Tonight we'll watch both the girls and boys. Can't wait!

    BTW, I would so enjoy watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the old version) with my kiddos anyday, too!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In regards to the comment you just left on my blog...

    Too funny!! I LOVE that song, too!!:)So much I bought it for my gym workouts and listen everday!! Oh, Leanne you and I would just be hanging out, chatting, watching the Wizard of Oz and hanging out if we lived in the same city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I mention hanging out twice? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who are you kidding, Leanne, you would have TOTALLY won Idol! America would LOVE you....just. like. me. Can you watch it online?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!