"I think I can! I think I can!" said the Poinsettia

Have I ever told you about my Poinsettia? THE Poinsettia to END ALL Poinsettia's? That's MY Poinsettia. Well . . . allow me, if you will, to share the story about this plant. (Is it a flower? Is it a plant? I just looked up the definition and actually - it's a flowering plant. Duh! You probably already knew that.)

Anyway, my dear neighbor and friend, Christina, works in the floral section at the local Jewel store. Around the first of December she rang my doorbell and handed me the most beautiful Poinsettia to enjoy for the holidays. So sweet and so festive - it graced our table all Christmas season and was the centerpiece of our holiday. Here is a lovely photo of THE poinsettia taken the end of December. Still going strong . . . Well . . . let me tell you. I do love this plant/flower/flowering plant. I enjoyed it SO much and it was a beautiful addition to our house LAST year.

Eh-hem . . .

But, seriously. Isn't it time to . . . um . . . go?

Here is a picture of THE poinsettia taken this week:

Now, it has lost a few leaves here or there, but truthfully - this plant is in it for the long haul. I don't think it plans on going ANYWHERE. And honestly - while I LOVE it, I am SERIOUSLY ready for it go to . . . . shhhhhhh . . . . poinsettia heaven (I feel like I have to whisper that . . . I don't want to hurt it's feelings, but SERIOUSLY!! I am ready for tulips and daffodills, I am ready for a basket of fresh summer fruits and veggies on my table. I am READY to have a small but intimate good-bye to the lovely plant who has brought us such CHRISTMAS joy.)

Hmmmm . . .

The other day, my dear neighbor and friend and giver of the never ending Holiday Cheer, Christina, stopped by my house. "Is THAT the poinsettia I gave you?" she asked. "Ummm . . . yeah!" I said. "Holy Cow!" she said. Then she left. And I was left with the poinsettia. And I started thinking about Christina. You know her. I've talked about her before . . . when she ruined me with Sudoku (click here to be reminded.) I think Christina is doing it again . . . finding a way to "get" to me. During the summer - it was Sudoku. Now, it's my poinsettia. Hmmmm. . . I'll have to ponder that one a little bit longer.

Until then . . . I have to go. I have a poinsettia to water. ; )

Comments

  1. Ah...poinsettias!! Water hogs. Native to Mexico. I'm duly impressed that this one still looks like this as we are a week into March!! Yes, time to plan something for Christina. Something very, very special!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a poinsetta like that once. My Mom has one that is like 50 years old living in her house. Sheesh...!!:)

    Missed stopping by here all last week. So happy to be back in the blogging world. LOVE your new blog look, Leanne.

    So is it springy there today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. just stop watering it!! that's how I get rid of mine! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!