Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man

My blog post for tonight comes fresh out of a brief conversation I had with a few good friends this evening. (Thanks Kath, Mar and Jor for the inspiration!) You see, tonight I had an opportunity to do what so many moms DREAM about doing when having those "Calgon, take me away!" weeks. Tonight I had an opportunity to leave the kids at home with the hubby, and enjoy some true girl time at my dear friend Kathleen's house, for wine, a lovely lasagna dinner, and great conversation.

But, I didn't do it.

I couldn't.

You see . . . I miss my man. Yes . . . .

This man. This PG. The one who still makes my heart flutter. And while PG was totally supportive of me accepting the invitation to Kath's for dinner with my friends, my heart told me that I really wanted to be with him and the girls. Even though I was burned out and starved for adult conversation after the past 2 weeks of his business trips, the thought of leaving him tonight made my heart a little . . . sad.

So, I kindly declined.

We had to stop at Kath's to pick u
p something . . . so I was able to fit in about 20 minutes of good girl talk (while PG entertained the kids and dog in the basement! What a guy!) It was during those 20 minutes that my friends rolled their eyes in total disbelief that I was actually turning down an evening with them - again, may I remind you . . . filled with WINE!!!! Rants of "Oooooo . . .you miss him!!! BLAH!!!!" and "You've got to be kidding me!!!" was exclaimed by each of them. But every sentiment was completed with a wink or a smile, to tell me what I know they felt in their hearts - which was, "You go, girl, and enjoy you Man." So, I did. We left Kath's and enjoyed some Cold Stone Creamery with the girls (a major treat for all of us!) and came home with two totally sugar-high kids. Totally worth every second.

And now as I sit here, writing my blog and thinking about my dear PG (who is reading the girls a bedtime story before drifting off himself), I realize, again, how blessed I am to have this life of mine. My PG is like a fine wine . . . he gets better with age. So, I guess I still have had my WINE tonight. Although mine didn't come in a glass. It comes in the smile of my husband . . . who, yes, 11 years later . . . still makes my heart flutter.

Yes, I can't help lovin' dat man of mine.

* sigh *

Comments

  1. Very, very sweet! You are lucky (and so is he!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!! And we know that from PG's point of view, it's right back atcha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww such a great post. Thank you for sharing that. I need to hear stories like that right now.
    My kiddos are 9 (as of wed) and 11 and I still feel like i'm starved for adult convo!! As for my hubby- he is my best friend but WOW 2009 was a rough year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blah. Blah. Blah. (Wink, Wink)... We missed you tonight, but I am glad you spend time with your Phil Guy. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand! I live for and love girls night but after 20 years of marriage I would rather be with my man than anyone! My man and Cold Stone? Even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel EXACTLY the same way, Leanne!! I have turned down girl's nights just to hang with my Dave:) {and the kids}. Glad you had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rather valuable idea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!