"Words" & Friendship = the Perfect Motivator!

My blog friend, Leslie, has been in a funk the past few weeks (check her blog out: Words of Me Project). Leslie loves Words, and her blog is about living an inspired life . . . "One Story, One Quote, One WORD at a time" (isn't she clever???) Love that Les!

But, she's been in a funk. She knows it. She talks about. And her WORDS for the past few weeks prove it. Words like - Frustrating. Grouchy. Lazy.

That's Leslie. But not really. You see . . . what she doesn't realize, is that while she is going through her "frustrating" or "grouchy" or "lazy" weeks, and as she writes about how she is feeling, she somehow makes ME feel better. Because I, too, have been feeling frustrated, grouchy, and lazy. And knowing that my blog friend is feeling the same way I am somehow makes me feel better. What is that ol'saying, "Misery loves company"? Nah. . . we're not miserable. Just in a funk. That's all.

I think Leslie and I both started the new year off with a bang! My 2010 Ta Da List was so inspiring to me on January 1st. Now it is feeling like a heavy weight on my shoulders. That's not what it started out being. It was meant to be a small little list of things I want to accomplish, areas in my life I wanted to focus on, and goals I wanted to reach. But, I haven't gotten far with it. Bummer. (I think "bummer" would have to be my WORD of the week this week, Leslie!) Why is it that we put such pressure on ourselves? Hmmm. . .

My Word for 2010 was CREATE. I felt it. I wanted it. I was it.

But I haven't BEEN it or DONE it in a month. Seems like there aren't enough hours in the day to CREATE. And something tells me if I had a couple extra hours in each day, I would probably use them for sleep. Yes, my CREATIVE SPIRIT seems . . . lost. My blog writing has even suffered. I guess it is hard to come up with something inspiring to write when one is in a "bummer funk", huh? (How's that, Leslie? "Bummer Funk", huh? That's a good one.)

So, what's a girl to do?


Well . . . I'm going to listen to Leslie, who said she was creatively "thirsty", and "Fill Up My Pitcher!" (Leslie - that was BRILLIANT!!!) I am going to challenge myself. I'm going to give myself a deadline - not a GOAL - but an actual deadline, starting with # 4 from my Ta Da List. (#4 was to take a Big Picture Scrapbooking Class). I actually TOOK a class in January - the only problem is that I never finished my album. I just got behind, and didn't keep up. There is another BPS class coming up in April that I REALLY WANT to take on photography (click for link). And that class would help me with # 9 on my Ta Da List (#9 was to learn more about photography and take better pictures). However, I told myself I would not allow myself to sign up for ANOTHER BPS class until I finish the first (I hate having unfinished projects - they weigh on me!!!) So, my DEADLINE is to finish the first BPS class by March 31st. THAT'S IT! I'm FORCING MYSELF to CREATE!!! This could be really really good . . . or really really bad. Only time will tell.


Are you feeling like Leslie and I? Are you feeling . . . creatively empty? If so, let's see if we can all challenge ourselves the remainder of this month. Let's see if we can "fill up our pitchers" and do something to get rid of that state of "bummer!" I challenge YOU to join fill up your pitcher. Tell me about it. Write about it. Link us to your blog. Spring is in the air (almost) and I can use a little excitement (there is a twinkle in those eyes somewhere! There's creativity just waiting to come out!) How about you?

Oh, and Leslie . . . I thank you for the comfort and inspiration that your frustrating, grouchy and lazy words have given me the past few weeks! I bet you had no idea how much they helped me! Love ya!!

Comments

  1. Awww, what can I say but SHUCKS!! You made me blush, and cry and feel really grateful for this thing we call the internet!! You have made my day, my week, my sunshineless MONTH!! Reall, really, for REAL!!:)

    I know you are right...we both DID start out with a bang. And like you I hate unfinished projects. Soooo, as soon as I'm done here I'm headed to my scrap space, working on Project Life and Scrap 2010. It's gonna feel so GOOD:)

    And talk about inspiration...GIRL, you are ONE AMAZING, TALENTED, FUNNY woman!! I mean that!!!:)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Lea...you and Leslie both have shaken me up enough to get out of my mini-funk. I signed up for Picture Spring (was waiting to see if I could win it somewhere), and I was encouraged a couple days ago when I saw my first robin. So I'm ready to take on the world. I posted a mini-thank you on my blog. Thanks for the kick in the pants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW- LOVE this pic of you!! Self portrait??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!