39 going on . . . 40? Really?

WOW. My friend Mary knows exactly how to shoot ya when your down. Yesterday I was in a tizzy over my lack of blog writing material and low and behold, Mary came through with a doozie. What was her comment from yesterday’s post? “This is the last year we will EVER be 30-something . . . discuss.”

BAM!

Nothing like a dear OLD ;) friend throwing reality at you, to snap you out of your “What will I write about?” woes. Come to think of it – that reminds me of another story about Mary that I forgot to share with you about the last time I saw her – but I’ll save THAT ONE for another time (how’s that, Mar! You’ve now inspired two posts for me! Thanks, dear!!)

So, this morning I was checking Comcast.net news headlines, because that’s where I get all of my reputable news information of the day ;), and I noticed that Martha Stewart turned 69.

HOLY COW! 69. Could you imagine? I mean, when is the right time for this lady to retire? If I were her, I think I would gladly hang up my apron and settle down with a good book and lovely glass of wine out there in the Hampton's, I’d sit in a comfy recliner out on my beach and look at the water . . . all day long. {sigh}

But then again, I guess that’s why I’m NOT Martha Stewart and why I’m here writing my blog … while she is out there running businesses and television shows and being successful beyond words. Hmmm . . . I get it.

So, while Martha Stewart is turning 69 – this year a number of my dear friends and I are all turning 39. The last year in our thirties . . . because starting in 2011, we will all be 40. The big 4-0. This is WAY bigger than the big 3-0 we all celebrated - what seemed like yesterday.

But I’m kind of looking forward to turning 40.

Perhaps 40 will be the year in my life that I do amazing things.

Like; write that book, open that business, take that trip to Europe.

Yes, I have some BIG plans for the big 4-0 decade. So for me, I’m looking forward to saying adios to the 30’s. They were fantastic . . . but if I’ve learned anything from Martha Stewart, it’s that life just keeps getting better and better. Don’t you agree?

What about you? Do you have any BIG plans for the coming decade? I'd love to know!

Comments

  1. Big plans? Gosh, where to start.... I'd love to listen more than talk, watch more than do, and take life a little less seriously. How do I do that??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrating the 40's, yep that's a good plan...since I'm pushing 50! ahhh, I can't even say that number. I'll be attending my 30 year HS reunion next weekend...30 YEARS whoa where did they go???

    Life's been good, really, really good and I've done a lot. I guess I do the Martha Stewart thing and keep on a going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well being in my mid 40's now, I can only tell you, it is Fantastic!!~ Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - BIG plans.. just not sure what they are! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my...oh my...I can't stop looking at that pic. Laughing my butt off here! Well I'm 2 years from 40 and will leave my 30s kicking and screaming! Looks like you have a better plan them me.
    Can't get over that photo LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been enjoying my 40's for years now....but would enjoy another chance at 39!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, you've got fantastic plans! I love your attitude and I bet all your big plans will come to fruition :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, near the end of the decade I hope to retire!! Believe it or not, Leanne, it gets better as you get older.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be 44 this October. That is something that scares me a bit. I mean 44! Really?! That's just 6 years away from being 50!!!!!!!!!!

    But, like Peggy says it does just keep getting better and better:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since I'll be hitting 40 when you do, and I have similar plans, I think we need to do them all....all at once - write a book while we're in Europe, planning our businesses. What do you say? Bring PG, of course. I feel like I've been sleepwalking through my 30's, I'm ready to wake up and live again. When your doctor tells you that you're a good girl, almost too good, it's a sign you need to drink more chocolate wine with your dear friends, know what I mean? Love to you and the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Age is just a number, right? I can totally relate!!!

    New follower here. Found you on Lady Bloggers Society.

    ReplyDelete
  12. UMMMMM - thanks?! I think.....
    love ya
    mar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Turning 40 didn't bother me a bit. That year, my divorce was final, I bought a house for the first time all by myself, and I bought a car for the first time all by myself. It felt good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that you got your groove back on.

    If I've learned anything form Martha, it's that things can blow up at any time for any reason!

    This decade is going to be my BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on another birthday. At least we can always say "it's better to have them than to not." As soon as I turned 39 (I'm 44 now), I felt like I was middle-aged. I suppose I am, but still. The indignity.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I threw my own surprise 40th birthday party (that's what you do when you have 5 sons)! It's not so bad! I've heard that when men retire from work, they typically only live 18 months. Maybe that's why Martha keeps working! To stay vital, engaged and ignore the 18 month deadline!

    http://bluecottonmemory

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will be 44 in the fall and not looking forward to getting older!!!But soo far 40s have been great and my plans are the same More Art my own Shop and be healthy and happy:O)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Turn 45 in Sept! Yep, 50 is definitley not OLD anymore! I look forward to paying off my house, having the rest of my kids out, and taking it on the road a bit!

    http://bernicewood.wordpress.com/2010/08/05/where-are-you-going/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this. I remember when I was 20 and 30 seemed so old... and now that I'm in my 30s, 40 is just another number to me. We all age. It's how we do it that defines us as individuals. If we spend so much time worrying about what we have yet to accomplish in our lives, we risk the chance of missing out on some wonderful things.

    And as you said: Martha Stewart is STILL accomplishing great things in her life. Ask her how she feels about being 69 and I'm sure she wouldn't bat an eye.

    Sooooo glad I found you over at LBS--I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Let's hope your right! October will be the beginning of my last year in my 30's too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!