Introducing . . . My New Best Friend!

So, the strangest thing happened to me in Target this week.

I know . . . it seems like strange things are always happening to me in Target, doesn't it? Well, this time, it happened while I walked through the book section (because, you know, I don't have enough books on my nightstand right now, right?) As I gingerly perused the shelves, picking up books and reading the back covers (ok - I read the last page of one or two), I heard . . .

"Pssssst . . . . hey . . . . . remember me?"

I looked around and realized that no one was near me. Not a single soul.

Then my eye saw it . . . "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" cookbook.

Now, for the record - I really don't need another cookbook.

But then I heard, "Remember? Your friend Kiki wrote about me once. Then you came and visited my blog once or twice, but haven't been back since." 

Hmmmmm . . . . I thought to myself. Yes, that did happen.

"Remember? You thought that someday you'd like to own me. Perhaps take me home, and read me over a lovely cup of coffee. You even thought about trying one or two of my recipes. Remember?" Yes, I remember. I remember it well.

So I picked it up and started to look through the pages. Mmmmmm . . . Potato Skins, Roasted Corn Salad, Cheese Grits, Cowboy Calzone . . . .oh, Sweet Mother of Pearl! Is that really . . .
MAPLE.PECAN.SCONES?

Pinch me. . .

So, I closed the book. . . held it close to my chest . . . and walked to the register. There at the check-out, I had a little party in my head. It was as if my inner Julia Child was doing the polka with my inner Cowgirl (bet you didn't know I had an inner Cowgirl, did you?) And this morning . . . my coffee cup met my very new best friend. I think it's a marriage made in heaven.

After one reading, here are the recipes I've identified for trying:


Seriously. They look THAT good!

Check it out when you get the chance . . . you never know who will be doing the polka in your head!

Comments

  1. Looks great! I think I might check it out tomorrow at the book store! I can use some new recipes. Have a great weekend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nom, Nom, Nom!!! Just the recipes you mentioned sounded so good! Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful!! The scones, my I wish you lived close so we could share! I have been hoarding a bunch of Cozy Mysteries that I read that has cookie recipes in them...that is why I am working so hard on my diet now, so that I can indulge in my sweet tooth , share and be able to send the rest away! LOL My cook books always look that way...yet I never cook all the things marked, so going to make a point of it this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story telling abilities are amazing!!!! I had no clue your new friend would be a cookbook! BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh I am inspired to share my favorite cook books!!

    PS - Great angle on the book..

    Also- I may have to get this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOH...mail me some scones! ;)

    Hope you have a fantabulous weekend my online friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can only imagine what will show up at the next Cellar meeting. (No pressure!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got to be kidding me! ANOTHER cookbook? Grrreat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds delicious to me! I'm always looking for new and yummy recipes. Right now I'm addicted to Giada cookbooks but I need to branch out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so Jealous!!! I want that so badly - just don't have the money for it yet. It's on my Christmas Wish List for sure!

    :-) can't wait to read about the yummy recipes you get to try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have her cookbook. The pictures are so purdy I just look through it from time to time. Back before she was HUGE (by that I mean successful) I made her whole thanksgiving meal. It was totally out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooo! I touch that book everytime I go to the bookstore! It's so gorgeous, and I love her. But....I don't seem to cook anymore. That's sad. No time. Maybe if I had just ONE MORE cookbook....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!