The Best Place on Earth

Before I start todays story . . .

To those dear dear blog friends who left me such amazingly touching and supportive comments on my last post about "Who am I?" - I adore each and every one of you.  I can't even begin to tell you how much all of you mean to me.  I was in a pretty "Woe-Is-Me" mood, wasn't I? But every single one of you dear friends who commented just wrapped your arms around me and squeezed tight - and I felt it. I sat reading and re-reading your comments like crazy yesterday. Over and over. I smiled. I felt less alone and more whole than I have for a long time. I felt confirmed, once again, in this community of bloggers who I have come to adore. I felt blessed to have each and every one of you in my life - and I mean that sincerely. You each wrote such wonderful things to me ... reminding me that I haven't lost myself, and that I am just rediscovering, evolving and am a newer version of me. Is it crazy that I honestly never even thought of it that way before??? A newer version of ME. Exactly.

What would I do without each of you? Seriously? 

So, I thought about all of that . . .

And then, I went outside . . .

And I had a great day . . . with some other people who 'get me'. People who love me. Who tell me that I am; the worlds best artist, the worlds best story reader, the worlds best driver, the worlds best laundry doer, the worlds best dish wash loader, the worlds best snuggler, the worlds best colorer, the worlds best doctor, the worlds best teacher, the worlds best chef, the worlds best listener, the worlds best Mommy, the worlds best Wife, and the worlds best ME.

 These people. . .
This is my very favorite place to be in the whole wide world. For real. It's not Disney, or Paris, or even New York. It's not on a Broadway stage, or in a movie theater. It's not a concert festival, or a lake front. It's not in a bookstore or a limousine. It's our backyard. And that is my family.

Yes, our backyard. Not very grand. But oh-so happy.

The back corner there (behind our "state-of-the-art" pool) is our garden. Yes, it's small. You probably thought it was much much larger than that, for all of the complaining I've done over taking care of it this summer. But, that's really all it is. (Darn - my secrets are out!)

Yesterday, I stopped worrying about who I am . . . and I decided to just BE. again. I've done the "BE" thing before this summer . . . but yesterday it really was necessary. So, we went on a family bike ride (I know - the thought is pretty funny to even me - and I was there.) We had a little fruit salad picnic at the park. We returned home and spent a couple hours in our little pool. And for a brief moment, I stepped out of the pool just long enough to capture this photo. These three people make me so very very happy.

To them, I am the best just as I am. On good days and bad. So, underneath it all - all the questions and searching - I am very blessed that I have these 3 people who love me unconditionally - no matter who I am.

Life.is.good. Hard? yes. Not always happy? Of course. Confusing? Damn straight. But Good? Yes. Oh.so.good. Blow-up pool, and all.

Oh, and one more little PSA of 'thanks' to Melissa at Confessions of a Dr. Mom, who featured my blog in her Monday Morning Mama's post today! Dear Dr. Mom linked her post to my recent story on sending Katie off to her first day of school . . . something that tugged at my heart strings yet again this morning!!!

Confessions of a Dr. Mom (click her button to link to her) is a great blog written by, you guessed it, a pediatrician turned stay at home mom. Give her a visit, if you haven't met her yet!!! She's a keeper!!! THANKS, Dr. Mom!!!!

Comments

  1. I am in love with this post! YES! YES! YES! I could not agree more- when we look around, see our lives for what they are, it all comes together.

    I am so happy you found your "center." And see - there are 3 people who love on you daily. That's a HUGE blessing.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you have found the best place on earth. It is so true! Most of the time all that happiness is all around us, even though we are searching in far-away places for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually it's what right in front of us that matters most, we just have to open our eyes to see it!

    Love the post dear and know that you are loved as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I popped over from Dr. Mom and I don't know why I haven't joined you before! I feel like we are so much alike!! I've been having fun reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the fun photo perspective! plus, seeing those houses reminds me of home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home is the BEST!!!Love the family photo!!!:O) Take care Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have an amazing yard! That family bike ride is a memory in the making. Good for you! It sounds like you had some great family time! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Lea...what a wonderful post! I love knowing you took the time to just BE. And the yard...it's grand enough!!
    I'm thinking I've got word #4...enough. I like that word!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so hear you on this one!! I read your Who am I post and then this one. Looks like you figured it out ;)!! We as mom's are good at that!! Just give us a day or two.. Sometimes we just need a little perspective.

    I have felt this way on many occasions...referring to my LBK and LAK (Life before kids/life after kids). I know that I have changed and may not laugh at the same things I would have laughed at before, or even cry at the same things. But I know that these people in my life..my kids and husband are so much a part of the very fibers of who I am today...that I can't imagine, or wouldn't ever want it back the way it use to be...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on another guest post!! You are on your way:)

    Love the photo and the message here...you ARE an AMAZING Mama!!

    Just wanted to say BYE before we leave this morning. You are such a good, good friend. It has been almost a year that we "met" here in blogland!!

    Have a GREAT week!

    Love,
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, another lovely post Leanne. I love the picture through your glasses. Your family sure looks like they're having fun. Thanks for the reminder to just BE. I had a impatient Mama day yesterday and feel like I need to remind myself daily to enjoy and just BE. Thank you for the extremely nice mention:) I was so happy to have you as one of my Monday Morning Mamas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a little note! Your words mean so much to me!

Popular posts from this blog

My Dream Home Smash Book

Any Day Now . . .

Hot Off The Presses! A fanTAStic Weekend Treat!